Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ?

Quote Reply
How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ?
Hello, how to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? I would like to make it point to a specific url.

Thanks in advance,
Brakkar
Quote Reply
Re: [brakkar] How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? In reply to
The built-in Home link will point ot the Build Directory specified for your LSQL installation. In my template files, I used <p><a href="/index.html">Home</a> : <%title_linked%></p> to provide a link to the root directory within the cookie trail navigation.

I used Build > User Language > Links > Links_Top to specify the "name" I wanted used for the Build Directory name within the cookie trail navigation.

Result:

MySite : BuildName : Category : Subcategory : Page
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? In reply to
sub {
my $vars = shift;
my $title_linked = $vars->{title_linked};
$title_linked =~ s|^\s+<[^>]+>|<A HREF="YOUR URL">|;
return $title_linked;
}

Last edited by:

ajiimd: Mar 10, 2004, 7:10 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ajiimd] How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? In reply to
I'm pretty much a novice at these globals ... it would appear the global sample posted replaces title_linked with a fixed URL. Correct?

If so, what happens to the rest of the output from title_linked if that global is used?
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? In reply to
create a name for the plugin and add it to global ex: title_link_other. then erplace <%title_linked%> with <%title_link_other%> . put your url in place of YOUR URL
Quote Reply
Re: [ajiimd] How to change the "home" link generated by <%title_linked%> ? In reply to
Apologies, I wasn't asking how to use the global, I was asking what the global output (results, display) would be.

By default, title_linked output displays the entire cookie trail navigation. It looks to me (although I could sure be wrong!) the posted global output is simply a static URL. Is that correct?
Quote Reply
it displays entire cookie trail navigation with home url being that which was placed in global