Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Google Maps
Hi Andy,

Got an idea for those who run certain types of sites, like restaurant listings or hotels or mix of them.

This could be an addon to one of your google maps scripts or a new one.

What if, you take cat "Restaurants" or cat 3, grab the <%Title%><%Address%><%Pic%><%Whateverelse%> and build a page specificly for that category, such as this:

http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/markerhider/markerhider.htm

But instead of being restaurants and bars (which could be, is you select top cats) you create one for restaurants (a child category), where you can select the types of restaurants (Fast Food, Sea Food, Meat, Mexican, Italian) and when you click on the "Mexican" all mexican restaurants would get marked, showing the bubble with the info we already have...

I already have something working, not linked to Links, but its a pain to update by hand. This plugin could do it automaticly.
If youd like to see it (almost in production)
Going further, this could give you all positions for Gas Stations, hotels, restaurants etc, or dig in a category further, and see types of restaurants.

This would be awesome...

Juan Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] Google Maps In reply to
Mmm, may think about that adding that as a new plugin/update to GoogleMaps, but its not as simple as you may imagine =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Google Maps In reply to
Hmmm.. okay... well if you can do it automaticly, more or less as I explained it (hope you understand the idea) im willing to give you a push with a donation... :)
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ok, well will see what I can do once I get back (still got tons of work on, so after my vacation gonna be hell catching up with it all Unsure)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Google Maps In reply to
Youre on vacation? Who gave you permission?
Sorry, didnt know. Have fun.
Quote Reply
LMAO -ya, for 2 weeks (havn't had a proper holiday in 7 years, so well overdue ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk