Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin...

Quote Reply
[ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin...
Just so people know, I am currently working on a Plugin for the PHP script phpAdsNew v2.0. This plugin will enable you to simply put tags in your templates, such as;

Code:
<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Banner_Zone('zoneID')%>

...and

Code:
<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Popup_Direct('zoneID')%>

I have the basic installation side of it done now. Basically, it decompresses the files into your build_root_path, and then gives you a direct link to the admin panel and install.php script. You are automatically sent to the install.php script, and shown the database details for your copy of LinksSQL.

All I am working on now, is the actual 'tags' that will be used to call the banners.

The price is going to be between $50-$100. I can't really go too high, cos its GNU software, and all I am doing is writing a wrapper for it, but I don't want to go too low, so that it affects Gossamers sales of AdvertPro and AdCycle. I'll give you a final price on it once I have it completed :)

Any suggestions are welcomed :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
I've finally managed to get working on this again. The main problem with developing something like this, is the different types of banners/adverts that can be shown. For example, so far I support;

Banner_Basic_Specific_Banner()
Banner_Basic_Query()
Banner_Basic()
Banner_Specific_Size()
Banner_Search()
Banner_Zone()

Each of these can have values passed to them, but some of them (mainly the search query ones), are causing problems, as I'm not quite sure on the syntax for passing keywords along, as well as specific dimensions :(

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hey Andy, also look into the category targetting option, so when when banner is placed in one of the top level category, it will also be shown on all the category and detailed pages below it.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Could a static HTML site use this?

Or, does it have to be a php site?

Thanks, Andy Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
It will only run in static mode (due to the way that the GT parser modifys parts of the javascript call in dynamic mode)... but it will work on any type of static site...i;e

http://www.cool-clipart.com/

...I have it running the side banners there :)

I'm hoping to get the final touches done today... as all that needs finishing off is the search query calls (i.e targeted by search keywords). I'll post something quite soon, as I'll need a few beta testers :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I am not sure, how you are setting up the plugin, but I am aware of the fact that PhpAdsNew also has the ability to generate JavaScript & IFrame type of banner codes too. Also, I have myself testing these types of code to be working normally without having to build the static site.

Hope this information helps.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
I use IFRAME, Javascript and IMG calls. All you do is pass along this in the tag, i.e;

<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Banner_Zone('1','iframe')%>

I'm still tweaking this part of the plugin, as it doesn't quite seem to be giving me the desired effects on everything. If you are interested in testing this for me, that would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I've now finished off the plugin. It has the following tags;

Banner_Basic_Specific_Banner()
Banner_Basic_Query()
Banner_Basic()
Banner_Specific_Size()
Banner_Search()
Banner_Zone()
Banner_Geocities_Layer()

Most of these give you the option to define a type of banner to generate, i.e 'iframe', 'javascript' or 'img'.

I'm just finishing the packing up of this plugin, and then I'm looking for someone (a couple of people) to do a bit of testing. If you are interested, please PM/email me :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
If you are interested in testing this for me, that would be much appreciated :)

:) Would love to give it a try :) Send it my way, I will install it and test it.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
How's this going? Am very interested Smile

Quote Reply
It available here now :)

http://www.ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/88.html

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Can this plugin work with MaxMediaManager, which is a spinoff of phpAdsNew2?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/max/

Smile

Quote Reply
More than likely not I'm afraid. phpAdsNew2 is pretty specific in which fields etc you pass into it, to get the desired outpup. Trying to get it to work on MaxMediaManager would be like rewriting the whole thing from scratch, Sorry Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Okay. Thanks, And Smile

Quote Reply
That's too bad Unsure. As you know, the lead developer has shifted his focus to MaxMediaManager for some time now and as good as phpAdsNew v2.0 is, MaxMediaManager v0.12 beta is much better already. The future really is with MaxMediaManager.
Quote Reply
Re: [donwe] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
In Reply To:
That's too bad Unsure. As you know, the lead developer has shifted his focus to MaxMediaManager for some time now and as good as phpAdsNew v2.0 is, MaxMediaManager v0.12 beta is much better already. The future really is with MaxMediaManager.

When I get some spare time , I'll take a look Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks for considering, AndySly. BTW, are you familiar with resource (load) issues with phpAdsNew or Advertpro?
Quote Reply
Re: [donwe] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
Quote:
Thanks for considering, Andy

No worries :) The phpAdsNew2 plugin took a long time to write (it look a lot easier than it is... trust me=)). However, as part of our continued plugins releases ... I'll add it to our TODO list =)

Quote:
BTW, are you familiar with resource (load) issues with phpAdsNew or Advertpro?

I can't say I've ever noticed a considerable load (on about 40-50,000 hits a day) .... but I guess it all depends on the speed of your server; if you're on a dedicated server; and obviously the amounts of traffic.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

After a recent security hole in phpAdsNew2, a "patched" version has now been released by phpAdsNew. I've updated the phpAdsNew2 plugin to accomidate this, and it now comes packaged with phpAdsNew 2.0.7.

Details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...etail_page.cgi?ID=88

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I've never seen accommodate spelled like that before Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Hargreaves] [ UNDER DEVELOPMENT ] phpAdsNew Plugin... In reply to
He's been working too hard this week ! Wink

John
Significant Media