Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Update for plugins versions

Quote Reply
Update for plugins versions
Hi,

This is mostly for Andy because most of plugins in this forum are his, but would be cool to have for every else plugin.

It would be nice to have one plugin which would check for version of plugins currently installed and if needed, suggest to download and install new version.

What do you think Andy?

Best regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] Update for plugins versions In reply to
Hi,

The problem for that - is with custom settings (they get lost when you do updates). Also, I've found that people are using pirated version of my plugins - so I'm a bit reluctant to code something like that (as it would mean they would get newer versions as well).

Or are you simply suggesting that it would just check my site for the version number of the plugin and see if there are new versions?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Update for plugins versions In reply to
Because pirated versions and that setting problem, maybe just checking would be nice. So if there is new version, you just put message, "New version xxx available in members area" so everyone must download it from your members area if they want.

How about that?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
I could have a go at writing that (just need to find the time to try and do it - as I'm really bogged down atm after Christmas Whistle)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Update for plugins versions In reply to
Cool :)

Send info when you do ;)

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Will do Angelic

Hopefully I'll get a chance to have a look at it at the end of this month/early next month.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk