Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

AdCycle plugin login problem

Quote Reply
AdCycle plugin login problem
Hi,

Here is the problem. I login into AdCycle but when I click on whatever link inside admin (like Add a Campaign) I got back to login screen.

Strange is this. I've tested this on IE8, IE7, Firefox and Chrome last versions on my laptop with Windows XP and Norton Antivirus and it doesn't work. I've test this on another laptop with Vista, IE7 and McAfee antivirus and also doesn't work. I also test it on other machine with Windows Xp, IE7 and Nod32 antivirus and it's working!

I've send link to admin screen (I've test it in GLinks frame and in new window) to my friend which has Windows Xp, AVG free Antivirus and FireFox last version on desktop and on laptop. It doesn't work on desktop but it does work on laptop!

Now this drives mu nuts! It just like some episode of X-Files. I've try to solve this with Jack from GT but without success. On his computer it's also working ok.

Any ides from people on this forum? Believe me, I'll try any idea after this!

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] AdCycle plugin login problem In reply to
LOL! You have not entered the Twilight Zone; it’s your boxes REALLY.

I have been fighting this issue for about 9 years ever since Symantec arrived. Let me try to explain what is happening.

Every computer and browser is now embedded with adware, spyware and popup ad control software, you may catch some of them and delete them sometimes they get past you and you simply miss it. If you do not see an ad for whatever reason, its software by the name of protection some where on your computer. I can go on all day about this topic but will move on to how you can get past it.

The only way to beat it is by changing the name of terms.
  • All files with advertising I call them /dad/ or /mom/ using a term that cannot be blocked.
  • All programs must "NEVER" contain any word associated with "ad, advertising, banner, etc. Adcycle is loaded with them and most people using any form of "protection" will never see your ads, or they will see your ads but it will not be able to click them.
  • All advertising software must re-write all ad type links, converting them to the owners domain, similar to the jump.cgi in LinksSql
  • All advertising software must rewrite image links in the same manner as the URL links, or upload the banners yourself.
  • All banners must be 1 pixel off, example: 468x60 abnner should be 467 or 469x59 or 61

Here is an example of one of my banner links:
--notice the file name where the script is called /dad/
--I then rename the script images.php

http://www.ssan.com/dad/50_percent_feature/images.php?action=r&id=131

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://www.ssan.com/dad/50_percent_feature/images.php?gid=5&style=non_ssi"></script>

Hope this helps.

Andy,

Its time to rewrite that software and beat the blocking ad software, ad revenue is important to maintaining the cost of running a website.

P.S. I HATE NORTON!

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] AdCycle plugin login problem In reply to
Hi,

Thank you. Will try something of this.

I realize that problem isn't in antivirus/antispyware software because I uninstall Norton and still nothing. Also, I've try it on fresh Vista install on new notebook (only with Vista Business install - nothing else!) and it doesn't work!

Can it be something with hardware? This doesn't make any sense to me anymore.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Check all the other software on your system such as:

Camera docking programs, wireless programs are loaded with anti-virus stuff, browsers, etc. My Vista box has some stranger programs I am still trying to get the FRICK off my box. It amazes me to this day how much our boxes are loaded with all this junk.

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] AdCycle plugin login problem In reply to
Ok. I'll try although I'm loosing any hope I'll be able to use AdCycle on my computer.

I've just go through setting on my work computer which has Nod antivirus and IE7 with Windows firewall. I copy all that setting to my laptop, and without success. It's working like charm on work computer but won't on my laptop Mad

MadMad

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Try clearing cookies? Worked for me before :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] AdCycle plugin login problem In reply to
I've just try this. Didn't help Frown MadMadMadMad

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Sorry, out of ideas then :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] AdCycle plugin login problem In reply to
Finally! I found solution! After few hours of searching and lots of coffee (Caffeine really does strange things to your brain!) and going through database and cgi files, I found where is problem.

Problem was in "login" table in mysql. Specially in row named "AGENT". This is char(100) row. And there was the problem.

When I was accesing it on work computer data that was written in that row was:

Code:
Mozilla/4.0 compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)

and that was ok, but when I was accessing it from my laptop data was:

Code:
Mozilla/4.0 compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NE

And there is catch. Real data from AGENT variable is:

Code:
Mozilla/4.0 compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)

and because row was set to CHAR(100) extra data "T CLR 3.0.30618)" wasn't stored so every time script try to check data from login table (and it's searching for cookie ID, remote address, account and AGENT) it could not match so every it bangs me back to login screen.

Fast fix was to change AGENT row to CHAR(255). Maybe it could be VARCHAR also. Yeeey! SmileCool

Now, only to find why AJAX category display isn't working...

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
I took a look at your AJAX category tree issue and it was a setting that wasn't setup right. I've edited it now, can you check again to make sure?

-- Actually, doesn't look like that's the issue at all, I'm going to continue digging and will reply to your support ticket.

Good catch on the login issue.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806

Last edited by:

Jack: Mar 21, 2009, 7:31 AM
Quote Reply
AWESOME find Deadman! Someone send that man more coffee w00t

Sandra Roussel