Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Perl load time sub on Dynamic pages

Quote Reply
Perl load time sub on Dynamic pages
Hi,

Im setting up a version of LinksSQL using the dynamic option (ie. no static pages) with Apache mod_rewrite.

As I understand it the more includes and Sub calls you make the slower each page will load.

To test this im hoping to setup a Page load time Sub.

If any Perl coders here have got a second would you be able to convert this PHP version to work with LinksSQL:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/...eId=665&lngWId=8

Thanks for your help,

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Perl load time sub on Dynamic pages In reply to

The PHP script in the link i posted above turned out to be not very accurate so I gone with a Javascript solution for this.

Here's the url if your interested:

http://www.a1javascripts.com/time_related/pageloadingtime/pageloadingtime.html

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: Nov 25, 2004, 12:28 PM
Quote Reply
Cheers for posting :)

I did have a go at putting a simple plugin together / for you (based on an old plugin, which isn't available any more) ... but it never got finished off, as I couldn't get it to work right :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Perl load time sub on Dynamic pages In reply to

I think your right. The JS version's is returning how long the HTML and images take to load and not how long the Perl takes to compile the page.

Would you be up for posting what you have so far Andy?

thanks

Quote Reply
Quote:
Would you be up for posting what you have so far Andy?

Afraid I don't have it any more :/ It was basically using the Time::HiRes perl module ... which grabbed the start time, then the end... and then did the calculations based on that. Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!