Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

2 recommended, 4 optional update error

Quote Reply
2 recommended, 4 optional update error
Hi,

I've just installed a new version of Glinks (3.0.4) and applied the latest updates:

Search multiple terms paging fix
User-side files cannot be deleted fix
Windows updater fix
Missing tags in detailed page
sendmail compatibility fix
Bookmarks paging fix

Before applying all of them (and when I was in Dynamic mode ) dynamic URL's were preserved eg. somesite.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1

After applying them there now not eg. somesite.com/

How would I go about removing updates one at a time to find which is causing the error?

thanks.

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] 2 recommended, 4 optional update error In reply to
After deleted Glinks and reinstalled and updating each fix one at a time, the sendmail compatibility fix is causing this.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Also included in that update was one that doesn't transform url's that match your static url. Your static url isn't in your root is it?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2 recommended, 4 optional update error In reply to
Hi Adrian,

My
static url is set as root as it goes :) eg. somesite.com and not somesite.com/cgi-bin/static

Quote:
Also included in that update was one that doesn't transform url's that match your static url

So one of the updates cause this intentionally?

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Also included in that update was one that doesn't transform url's that match your static url.

Going through the descriptions of the latest updates it's not clear to me which one your refering to here.

Would you be able to explain? thanks.

Quote Reply
The update you mentioned (sendmail fix) was the one that's causing the problem for you.

We usually pull the updates from the latest version of the file, and sometimes it will contain other changes that haven't been released or in another update. In the case of the sendmail fix, it also contained the change that I described in my last post.

Adrian
Quote Reply

Thanks for getting back.

I'm I right in thinking the only fix for keeping transformed url's is to not install the sendmail fix?

Quote Reply
Yes, that's right.

Adrian