Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
email search results
hi,

is there a plugin or a global vor lsql 2.12, that email search results for one ore more search terms to a user?

example:

a user search for "computer" with no results.
one week later, there is a computer link in database.
now, links-sql sends automatic (cronjob) a email notification to the user.

thanks

k. lauer
Quote Reply
Re: [topseo] email search results In reply to
Like so? Smile

http://www.ultranerds.com/...bin/details/130.html

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] email search results In reply to
yes. but for 2.1.2.
have you got an older version?
Quote Reply
Re: [topseo] email search results In reply to
AFAIK, it should work on 2.1.2 (I can send a copy over for you to test if required).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] email search results In reply to
I should read our site more often! <G>

I was about to write something kludgy to do that (almost).

FWIW, I'm working on the auto_slice of dmoz program, (to be released as KustomKuts).

It will also (hopefully) slice up AllPosters' database, so you can only offer targeted items, much more "finely" grained than they offer now.

They need this sort of functionality to provide "watch" lists of new links, targeted to certain terms.

So COOL <G>

At some point, it will be integrated with the Amazon DVD/Book program, to do the same thing. Amazon now allows caching of the data, as long as you update the prices and availability every 24 hours. (This can be done by a cron, and uses up much less external bandwidth, and wait states -- lwp is not really totally efficient -- than trying to update/refresh the entire database, especially if you have a "custom" or "niche" site with hand-picked/selected items.)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.