Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Weird global happenings...

Quote Reply
Weird global happenings...
This has me freeked out. I added 2 new globals, and edited several of them. Now, everything seemed to go fine, until I looked in the globals.txt file in the new template set folder. There is nothing in there called 'image_location' or 'top_html' Unsure. This had me confused. I then tried deleting the globals.txt file, and refreshing the globals management page....everything appeared there fine! This proves that its not using the globals.txt file in its template set...so I restored that file, but it leaves me no closer to finding out what file it has saved the globals in Frown

Anyone experienced similar things?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Weird global happenings... In reply to
Ack...never mind. I was looking in the wrong folder. The globals.txt file I needed to look at was in the 'local' folder Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Argh..this one is annoying! For some reason, when I delete some of the globals that are in the template sets global.txt folder, adn click submit, it all appears fine. Upon submitting it once more, I get ALL the old globals back, as well as any new ones i added...WHY?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Um how are you deleting them?....not manually I hope?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Weird global happenings... In reply to
No..I'm doing it by checking the tick box next to the globals that I want to delete, and then pressing 'update' (or whatever the button is..I cant remember)....it then appears to have worked, and then globals.txt file looks like it has all been set correctly...but then when I add another global all the globals I deleted seem to reappear Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

We are working on redesigning the UI to manage globals. Right now you can't delete "system globals". i.e. the ones that came with your installation. You can only delete one's you added.

This is probably what you are hitting.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Weird global happenings... In reply to
Ah..thanks for that. At least I'm not going mad :p

I have another problem though now...

When you edit a global, and click 'save' it goes through and says it was saved sucessfully...but the changes are not saved Unimpressed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk