Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages.

Quote Reply
User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages.
Hey guys,

Quick question. How would I go about making it nessecary for a user to have to be registered to view categories and view detailed pages etc? I want users to have to pay $10 a month to stay register on the site and view any categories and detailed pages.

Any advice would be appreciated. Searched the forums and couldn't find anything.

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages. In reply to
Hi,

This should do what you want - but it will require you to have some kinda payment system in place, which sets their status as "Not Validated" (otherwise, any registered user, paid or not, will still be able to access the pages =))

http://www.ultranerds.com/Detailed/80.html

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages. In reply to
Cool. Cheap buy at $50. I thought Links SQL had an option that the admin had to approve new members. Looking through it, it looks like it doesn't. Would it be hard to add it in so that in the admin where it says validate links and validate reviews, it also says validate users?
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages. In reply to
Hi,

To have a "Validate Users" area (to send out emails etc), you would probably need a custom script.

I'm afraid I'm already too bogged down with work ATM to even think about looking at taking on any more work though :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] User needs to register to view categories and detailed pages. In reply to
Cool. I'm just going to make a custom sign up form which accepts payments through paypal, and get the person running the website to enter the users details manually into the admin area. I'll just disable the default sign up form.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Ok cool =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Can I install the plugin on a test installation as well as a live installation?
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Sure.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Just ordered another Gossamer Links license and your plug in Andy. Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
NP, hope it works well for you :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Member here since May 2000. I always end up coming back to Gossamer-Threads products. You can't beat them.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
LOL, you've been here longer than me <G> (I only joing in August 2000)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk