Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Upcoming Plugins....
Hi. Just thought I would paste some more details on my current developments, and ideas that have been passed onto me for development.

+ MyFaves SQL . This will be the same plugin as the normal MyFaves one, *but* it will also support the saving of links into the lsql_Users table, which means they will be acessable from any PC, unlike the cookie version, which will limit you to the PC that the links were saved on.

+ Auto_Backup - This one has been dragging on quite a bit. I was hoping for a release a week or so ago.... but I'm still waiting for my beta testers to get back to me :( I've done as much beta testing as I can, but I need someone with a fresh pair of eyes, in case I missed anything.

+ Real_Spider - This is almost complete now. Its just a case of final beta testing, and I'm also working on speeding up the spidering process.

+ Old_Pages - This plugin was an idea from DogTags. I havn't actually started on this yet... but its on my list of work to do.

Hopefully that gives people a bit of feedback on my new plugins progress, as a couple of these have been dragging on. I've had laptop problems, which have also limited my development progress Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Upcoming Plugins.... In reply to
What's the 'Real_Spider' plugin going to do?

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Upcoming Plugins.... In reply to
Basically, it allows you to do the following;

+ Create 'rules' ... (unlimited).
+ Run AUTO or MANUAL mode to add links to your database.
+ Run the 'start spider'... which allows you to enter a URL, which is used to originate the first links that you want to start spidering.
+ Then spider.cgi runs in the background, and spiders each of the links in lsql_SpiderURLS, and grabs unique links from the URLS that already exist.
+ Then you run AUTO or MANUAL, and if the link matches the rules, then it will add the link (or in manual, it will give you a link to add the URL in question, so you can modify the data).

Basically, its a more advanced version of my Spider plugin.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hello Andy,

I worked a long time with this script.
Fluid Dynamics Search Engine (Fdse)
http://www.xav.com

It is, for me, the best produces available for general public.

It is possible to approach?

You should contact the author (Zoltan Milosevic) ..

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] Upcoming Plugins.... In reply to
What are you refering to it as? In terms of my Real_Spider plugin?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
xav.com In reply to
Andy,

I gotta agree with Mick on this one. I too had the advantage of using this script on another site I owned some time ago. Zoltan did a pearler of a job with that script. basically, it turns a simple links into a full blown google.com. From the one URL an entire site and its metatags can be spidered and cataloged.

From where I am sitting and my aims in life with my own site I would be the first to want it. A price of US$150 for the script would I feel be quite appropriate. I really would like to be a google.com in my field of site aims.

The plugin would have to support the modern trend - where a fee for site spidering on a regular basis occurs. A person who adds a link can do so in the normal manner or opt for a site auto spider after payment and recurring on a regular basis.

You have first option to build this plugin. I see that Pugdog (my mate) is planning, if I read it right, a whole range of specialty sites or similar. Such a plugin would be invaluable there.

Again, if I read the latest guff on how the web is travelling and Microsofts efforts in securing looksmart.com (disaster ahead) the traditional search engine is about to go out the window. Smaller, but very large specialty links sites will become the norm.

If I am misreading things I apologise - so any comment or feedback and thoughts will be more than helpfull.

Regards From Australia.

Paul
Quote Reply
>> I've had laptop problems, which have also limited my development progress Frown

I know the feeling. I'm two machines short, all summer, and it seems you just can't get any work done without your "normal" set up in place. I've had to rebuild everything after the crashes and theft of the laptop.

Everything just takes longer, and bugs seem to go on and multiply. <sigh>

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Upcoming Plugins.... In reply to
MyFaves v2.0 is now complete. It will allow you to define if the user can save their links via Cookie, or in the SQL table. Its going through final beta testing now, but should be ready for release later today Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Overture_Links... In reply to
I'm pretty much finished on another plugin I've been working on called Overture_Links. It was written for a customer, but they messed me around with payment, so I'm making it public.

The name pretty much gives its use away. Basically, you can grab XML results from Overture.com, and earn a commission each time someone clicks on a link from your site.

Its totally template based, so its easy to make it look how you want.

You must have an account with OVerture to use this plugin, and accounts are reasonably hard to get hold of... so be sure to get one before getting this plugin :)

I should have a release ready for the public later today. All the bugs that we found we squashed out whilst developing it for the original client.

I'll keep you all updated Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk