Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Scripts Programs Articles etc

Quote Reply
Scripts Programs Articles etc
I have a database of Scripts with their Title, Description, Author Name, Author Email, Category like PHP/Scripts/Forums. Total 20,000 records.

I want to be able to import all this data and create a scripts website like hotscripts etc

I want that data for each category should go into relavant category.

Nakul Goyal
SEO and Link Building Expert
www.nakulgoyal.com
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Last edited by:

nakulgoyal: Dec 14, 2003, 4:23 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Scripts Programs Articles etc In reply to
In Reply To:
I have a database of Scripts with their Title, Description, Author Name, Author Email, Category like PHP/Scripts/Forums. Total 20,000 records.

I want to be able to import all this data and create a scripts website like hotscripts etc

I want that data for each category should go into relavant category.

Nakul Goyal
SEO and Link Building Expert
www.nakulgoyal.com

Hi Nakul,

I would recommend you to make sure that that is not an *extract* or *copy* from any other directory. Using such content, might get you in trouble.

Just a suggestion, as there are some so called *big* sites, who don't like the existance of smaller or newer scripts directory.

About hotscripts, if I am not wring, they are also using Links SQL with plugins and modification. So their category structure is actually based on Links SQL programming. I guess, you can use Andy's plugin to create even 5000 categories in less than few minutes and upload the whole dump via mysql in a appropriate manner, and I think it should work.

Vishal Thakkar

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Scripts Programs Articles etc In reply to
Thanks Vishal for your word. I am already in touch with Andy for things. Let's see what we come out with. :-)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
There are lot of data conversion tool you can se them. It will make your work easy. Well Andy tool is also good one
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
Re: [megri] Scripts Programs Articles etc In reply to

Just to clear things up.. I think that was in relation to my 'Data_Import' plugin.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Scripts Programs Articles etc In reply to
Andy, can I use your Data import plugin and use an excel or a CSV feed to plugin a lot of data into linksql ? Can you guide please ? I think I will need it right away !!
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Hi. It sure can, although it needs to be exported to a tab, pipe or comma seperated data file. I'm not sure I can really "walk you though it" as it varys a lot for each type of data. Its pretty simple to work out... but just be sure to have a look at the Readme first Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!