Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Possible to add category directory from "Validate Links" page in CP?

Quote Reply
Possible to add category directory from "Validate Links" page in CP?
When validating our incoming link submissions we often need to add a new category to accommodate the submission. To save time (we get a lot of submissions) we would like to be able to add the sub-category directly from the validate links page. I've attached a few screen shots that might make it clearer.

Now I imagine this is going to have to be paid-for custom work? Does anyone (other than me ;) ) understand what I'm trying to achieve?

Currently...

Which will end up

Last edited by:

jeffb: Aug 6, 2008, 9:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeffb] Possible to add category directory from "Validate Links" page in CP? In reply to
Hi,

I think this is really about as close are you're gonna get with what your asking:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...uggestCategory_L167/

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Possible to add category directory from "Validate Links" page in CP? In reply to
Yeah that's pretty close, thanks.

I guess what I'm after would be a modification to your plugin. So instead of going to a "Pending Suggestions" page, it would just add it to the Validate Links page with the rest of the link details. Would that be hard to do Andy? It obviously wouldn't be as complex as my original request, but I could see it saving some time :)

JeffB
GT customer for 6 years (and counting!)

Last edited by:

jeffb: Aug 8, 2008, 7:19 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeffb] Possible to add category directory from "Validate Links" page in CP? In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
I guess what I'm after would be a modification to your plugin. So instead of going to a "Pending Suggestions" page, it would just add it to the Validate Links page with the rest of the link details. Would that be hard to do Andy? It obviously wouldn't be as complex as my original request, but I could see it saving some time :)

Yeah, afraid that would be too hard (not even sure if it would be possible at all =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!