Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] Plugin ideas? In reply to
You host needs to install it

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin ideas? In reply to
Hi Andy,

Just a vote from me for a mapping plugin. It would be great to use this on detailed pages for an individual link, but also to build a map showing the location of links contained in a category.

Cheers,

Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Plugin ideas? In reply to
Hi,

Interesting idea :) (it was just gonna be to "map" the locations of users, based on city+state/province+country) - but I like the idea of having it in a directory, showing where a "business" is located :)

Once I've got the Gcommunity version done - I'll have a look at putting something together for GLinks :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy,

This is the end result of what I did to get a map for my detailed pages:
http://www.stagelink.com/...s/Detailed/4206.html

and this is the quick and dirty way of doing it;
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=299089#p299089

However it doesn't work for many of the address (which google doesn't recognise) and therefore it is very incomplete......hence my interest in geocoding.

Cheers,

Piers
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yeah, I had similar problems (where you specify an address, instead of long/lat codes).

Not sure how this modules gonna work - but its now been installed, so I'm gonna have a play <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ok, the best I can get, is by country + city

i.e my home, in Rudgwick, UK - gives:
Quote:
Latitude and longitude of Rudgwick: 51.063751 / -0.327003

..and thats bang on :)

I've tried doing it a lot more "precise" ... but it just won't work (the modules I've been trying, just give me errors - appart from Geo::Query::LatLong)

Anyway, should have a version out tomorrow at some point :) (gone 8:30pm here now, so not gonna do anything on it today ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

The plugin is coming along quite nicely :D

Code:
FOOUser: justatest , City: Horsham, Country: United Kingdom (GB)
Latitude and longitude of Horsham in GB: 51.063751 / -0.327003

User: andytest , City: New York, Country: United States (US)
Latitude and longitude of New York in US: 40.757929 / -73.985506

User: justatestrmanu , City: Harrislee, Country: Germany (DE)
Latitude and longitude of Harrislee in DE: 54.804535 / 9.379214

(just some test data, in my GComm dev install)

I'm going to go down the route of storing the long/lat values in a custom table - so that it doesn't have to send a request to Google maps every time (which will use all of your 1000 daily API requests up pretty quick =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Matthias,

Would you mind proving me with some sample data I can test out (and then show you my dev version, so you can see if the places match up right =))

All I need, is City + Country (thats as precise as I can go with the perl module I'm using, which links into the Google maps API)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

The plugin is done now (documented, etc) - but before I release - I just wanna test with a few more "places". Could someone please provide me with some valid Country + City data, so I can put it into my test install, and check how it works? :)

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Piers,

Hopefully this will do what you want <G>

(see attached screenshot)

Just putting final touches to it - and documenting, then should beready.

The best thing about it - is NO EXTRA PERL MODULES NEEDED! Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Heres the plugin:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...sion/GoogleMap_L256/

Basically, it lets you show the google maps on your detailed pages. Instead of passing in the "address" into the JS code, it actually does a long/ latitude figure lookup (from google maps) - so should hopefully be more accurate :))

I'm gonna post a thread about it tomorrow though - as its been one hell of a long day - and all I wanna do is sit in front of TV for a bit, and have a nice relaxing beer <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just so people know - I've been working on a "Poll" plugin for GLinks today. Coming along quite nicely (although, won't be ready until tomorrow I would imagine - as I'm still working on the admin side of things)

I'm gonna also be making it so it works easily with the WidgetsManager - as "box" Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

For anyone interested in the Poll plugin - I've sent it over to a couple of beta-testers, so they can test it overnight (my night =)) ... and then I can get their suggestions implemented tomorrow - and hopefully get a release out too Smile

The image attached is how the poll page looks (for viewing the "results")

You can also put a poll box anywhere on your templates, just with a simple tag :)

I'll make a post later tomorrow, once I've got the changes made - and also written the documentation :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Here's my wish list:
a good RSS Feed reader plugin,
YouTube Video viewer plugin
Quote of the Day plugin
Quote Reply
Re: [muddauber] Plugin ideas? In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
a good RSS Feed reader plugin,
YouTube Video viewer plugin
Quote of the Day plugin

I'm not too sure I would want to take on the RSS reader, as I explained in my last post <G>

The YouTube video viewer - what exactly would this do?

Quote of the day - this could probably be used for some kind of random quote:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...daysRandomFact_L153/

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
'Check if page has changed'

Idea for another plugin. While GLinks has a 'verify links' facility, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a 'check if the page has changed' facility too? For selected links only

ie:URL = www.url.com If 'checkchange' field equals Yes; plugin checks page www.url.com/index.html or if a specific page is listed in the URL the plugin checks that page.

Not automated- (or perhaps automated if wished) but if plugin started checking beings.

Why? it would alert you if the original page no longer matches the link description; if a news page has new entries then 'updated' could be placed against the GLinks listing?

Any comments?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Plugin ideas? In reply to
When you say "has changed" are you refering to the actual page CONTENT having changed, or the listing in GLinks? (i.e someones updated it, since it was last checked)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Page content has changed.

... something like your 'UpdateMetaValues' only checking date of last change or if content has changed instead.

Thinking some more - it could have to enter the date of last changed in the database without changing the lastmodified field & then comparing the 2? or other ideas about this?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Plugin ideas? In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. the problem with that - not many people actually use a "last updated" meta field - (and if they do, it varies a HELL of a lot, from site to site in terms of format)

Either way - I'm still not 100% sure what you're asking for really - as your first post didn't make too much sense <G> If you could re-do that post, with a few more details - I may add this onto my "development list" - but no guarantees if/when I'll get it done - as I've got a few custom jobs on ATM, and I'm already working 16 hour days =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Well, you can make a "Flag this link" feature for a variety of reasons so visitors can select a reason from a dropdown menu. Once flagged, the links and their info gets stored in the admin panel. The admin can login and sort the links with highest number of flags to see and then either update them with a link next to them or checkbox next to each link delete bad links/listings. Once update the flag will disapper. Those are the basic features - but the idea is that visitors can flag or report a link for a variety of links and admin can sort, update, delete, etc., Useful for sites with free submissions.

Need more ideas for plugins? Let me know.Sly
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Plugin ideas? In reply to
Hi,

Would ReportALink be just as good? They report it ; you see the report in the admin area ; you remove the list / delete it/ remove the report.

No point re-inventing the wheel when it sounds like thats already very close to what you need ( and already own in your ULTRA Pro package Smile)

Quote:
Need more ideas for plugins? Let me know.Sly

heheh - maybe soon - little busy with custom job ATM. Been working on this one for 3 weeks now, and more and more stuff keeps coming up that he wants adding - so its taking a lot longer than expected Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >