Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

GT::SQL::File keeps making "dump" files in tmp folder?

Quote Reply
GT::SQL::File keeps making "dump" files in tmp folder?
Hi,

I'm trying to run an update

Code:
my $f = GT::SQL::File->open($new_temp_path);
$DB->table($table)->update( { $field => $fh }, { picture_id => $ID } ) || die $GT::SQL::error;

The above works BUT it makes a random file in the /admin/tmp folder (same size as the image its working with!). Example name: GTTemp90911655

Is there any reason it would be doing that? In the documents for GT::SQL::File it also says you can do it as a basic ref:

Code:
$DB->table($table)->update( { $field => \"$new_temp_path" }, { picture_id => $ID } ) || die $GT::SQL::error;

That seems to fatal out for me (the doc is weird, as its like \``/path/fo/file.txt'' ... notice the ` at the start, and ' at the end)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its a PITA cos its all working otherwise - its just these darn Temp files that keep filling up that folder :(

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GT::SQL::File keeps making "dump" files in tmp folder? In reply to
*bump* - anyone at GT?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Whistle

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sorry Andy, I've been really busy these days and haven't had to time to dig into this one. It's on my list though!

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] GT::SQL::File keeps making "dump" files in tmp folder? In reply to
Hi,

NP - I know how it is :) Just lemme know when you've had a chance to look into it (I've set it up now so auto-delete the files on a cron, but as you can imagine thats not ideal)

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk