Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Build All creates a backup each time?

Quote Reply
Build All creates a backup each time?
Maybe I'm just going mad... but I'm sure that versions less than 2.1.2 used to only make a backup for each day it was run, and not a backup each time it was run? Seems a bit of a waste of resources really :/

Is this a bug? (i.e its somehow not working as it should).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Build All creates a backup each time? In reply to
Build All always made a full backup.

Of course you may have turned "make a backup" off in your build settings previously!
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] Build All creates a backup each time? In reply to
Maybe its just me going mad then Tongue

Still seems like a waste of resources, especially if you are building several times a day. Surely one backup a day would be enough for most people?

I normally turn it off, as I use my Auto_Backup plugin to make the backups for the database/admin folder/settings/plugin etc :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
>> I normally turn it off, as I use my Auto_Backup plugin to make the backups for >> the database/admin folder/settings/plugin etc :)

Me too Smile it is a very nice plug in..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Yeah, a once per day function or a "safe" function /on demand would be cool.

Hey, can you send me a new version of auto Backup? I've got an old one, as I was beta testing it, and it sends me 6 messages a day!

Does the new one have a restore function, or is that manual?

Also, we talked about a "safe backup function" to make sure there was at least one working backup.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] Build All creates a backup each time? In reply to
Quote:
Hey, can you send me a new version of auto Backup? I've got an old one, as I was beta testing it, and it sends me 6 messages a day!

I'll get your account on UltraNerds updated, and you can download the latest version from there :)

Quote:
Does the new one have a restore function, or is that manual?

For which part? It has a restore for certain parts of it, and for those it doesn't, it gives step-by-step instructions on how to restore them :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Much appreciated. Will look forward to checking it out.