Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1
Hi,

After a lot of hair pulling, testing, and re-testing - I'm happy to released Thumb_Images_GD, v1.0

This is basically the same as Thumb_Images, but uses the GD library, instead of Image::Magick (which some hosts won't install)

The price is $50. Its also part of the ULTRA Package and ULTRA Package PRO deals - so if you own these, then you can already download the plugin from our Members Area Smile

Full details on this plugin can be found here:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...humb_Images_GD_L222/

Its been a long day so far, so I'm not gonna bother trying out all the stuff from the above URL, as its just a waste of time =)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1 In reply to
Hi Andy,
is there a chance, that you include the lightbox feature in Thumb Images GD?
If a user clicks on the thumbnail in link.html it would be nice if the image opens in lightbox...

Thanks
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1 In reply to
Hi,

This should work fine:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...Thumb_Images;#298487

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've just uploaded version 1.1 into the Members Area.

This includes a fix, to stop you getting errors like:

Quote:
no image defined

This error is caused when a link has a value in the "field" held in the glinks_Links table, but nothing exists in the glinks_Links_Files table.

Instead of it giving you a fatal error - it gives you a nice message Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

Andy: Apr 17, 2008, 1:55 AM
Quote Reply
Andy

I'm using this plugin for my site to produce thumbnail images for the links and also a medium size image on the detailed page, which all works great.

However if a user does a search, the list of links does not display the thumnail images.

I wanted to know if it is possible to show the thumbnail images with the links on the 'search results' page?

Thanks
Colin Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: [colintho] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1 In reply to
Man, whats going on - sure I replied to this post :/

It should work fine - you just need to be sure you're using the Thumb_Images_GD tag in the appropriate link.html template (could be your using a different template, like link_search.html, or something). It should work fine anywhere (category, search results, "new loop", etc)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy

I've just checked the 'search_results.htm' template and it is using this:

<%~endif%>
<%include link.html%>
<%~endloop%>
<%~endif%>

regards
Colin Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: [colintho] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1 In reply to
Email over GLinks admin details, and I'll have a look for you. Probably something silly Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

For anyone interested, there's nothing wrong with the plugin Smile

Colin was missing some code from a line above:

<%Description%><%endif%>

The way it works on category pages,. was fine (as it didn't have a value for <%highlight%> - but on search results, it was causing the output to miss out the image part of the link.html template).

Wasn't easy to track down, but managed to.

For anyone else editing template - please make sure you watch you don't delete important tags Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
your plugin is great, but when a user is uploading an image with a big resolution it's difficult to view this image in the browser.
At the moment I have to download the image in glinksadmin, resize it and upload it with glinks admin with a size of 1024 px.

Is there a way to extend this plugin to
1. Get thumbs
2. Get a "view file" not bigger than 1024 px
and
3. Keep the original image as well.

Thanks

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. not really :/

How about getting a 1024 image, saving it as a gif , then viewing the file size on your PC.

Then, in the Image field in your GLinks admin area, set the "max file size" to whatever that works out to (in bytes)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
the problem is, when I allow only images not bigger than 1024px. A lot of my user could not handle that.

I'm using lightbox2 and its not nice to view a picture with lightbox bigger than the monitor resolution :-(
There are some lightbox2 mods resizing the images to monitor resolution, but I thought would be great to use GD to resize the thumb and the viewed image...

Thanks

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yeah, the problem is - it would require quite a bit of re-coding to do this Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
put it on your list. Perhaps something for the next cold rainy day :-)

Thanks

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
haha, will do Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Version 5.6

If the user adds an image and if I use the function Validate Changes (in admin), I have this error:

GT::Plugins (12398): Error running plugin 'POST' hook 'Plugins::Thumb_Images_GD::Admin_DoValidate': Plugins::Thumb_Images_GD::Admin_DoValidate does not exist in Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD at admin/Links/Tools.pm line 1377

Another error with the function Validate :

GT::Plugins (17196): Error running plugin 'POST' hook 'Plugins::Thumb_Images_GD::Admin_DoValidate': Plugins::Thumb_Images_GD::Admin_DoValidate does not exist in Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD at Links::Browser::link_validate line 1729.

I do not have an error if I download the images directly of admin.

An idea?

Thanks!

Mick

Last edited by:

MJ_: Aug 18, 2011, 7:47 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Thumb_Images_GD v1 In reply to
Mmm, please email me with this error, and I'll take a look when I get back in the middle of next week :) (eyes are hurting a bit now, as its been a long day trying to catch up with everything before I go)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk