Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] LanguagePreference v1

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] LanguagePreference v1
Hi,

This plugin was originally written for someone, but he agreed I could make it a public plugin, as it should hopefully be of some use to some users <G>

Details:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...uagePreference_L245/

About:

This plugin lets your users select their home language, ie. US (USA), UK (United Kingdom), and AU (Australia). This lets you "change" words over, for their correct spelling in the country the user selected. For example, in the UK - "color" is actually spelt "colour". This plugin will convert ANY field (mainly, things like Title, Description, etc) to the correctly spelt word, for the user who is logged in.

Some examples (the site is US, for this example):

User has UK set as thier language.- and the phrase being converted, is:

Quote:
The best color in my option, is red.

This would be shown to the user as:

Quote:
The best colour in my option, is red.

Price:

$50 [ more info ]

Also part of the ULTRA Package, and ULTRA Package PRO deals.

Screenshots:

Please see: http://www.ultranerds.com/...uagePreference_L245/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email or PM me.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] LanguagePreference v1 In reply to
Hi,

I've been made aware of a bug in version 1.0.

If you had something wrapped inside a HTML tag ..i.e

Just <b>testing</b> description

...then that wouldn't get converted (because of the <b></b> buts around the word.

There was also a problem with ' , and . before/after the words.

This has been addressed in version 1.1, and is available from the Members Area now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] LanguagePreference v1 In reply to
Very useful plugin - we use Australian English on our recipe site and it's always been a problem with users from the US or UK asking what certain things are e.g. coriander is cilantro in the US, snow peas are mange tout in the UK. Now we can set up the site so that members have control over which version of English they want to use.

The next step will be to work out how to use this text to have 'localised' versions of each detailed page, which may help improve search engine rankings (keeping in mind any duplicate content issues Unsure).