Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1
BuyPriorityListing

This plugin lets you "sell" top-spots in your directory, in their specific category. For example, if someone is listed in "Games" - but is on the 3rd page, they most likely want to be at the top. With this plugin, you can sell them xx days (i.e 60 days) at the top of the category. In the plugin settings you can define how many spots are allowed to be allocated per category (default is 3). This is to stop the whole of the page being filled up with "priority" listings =)

PRICE: $100

Detailed URL: http://www.ultranerds.com/...riorityListing_L198/

Plugin Description

This plugin lets you "sell" top-spots in your directory, in their specific category. For example, if someone is listed in "Games" - but is on the 3rd page, they most likely want to be at the top. With this plugin, you can sell them xx days (i.e 60 days) at the top of the category. In the plugin settings you can define how many spots are allowed to be allocated per category (default is 3). This is to stop the whole of the page being filled up with "priority" listings =)

Plugin Requirements

1. Gossamer Links (3.x +)
  2. A PayPal account (to receive payments)

Features

This plugin has the following features:
  • Ability for users to just log in, and goto: priority.cgi , to see a list of their links - and then click "buy spot" if they want to promote their links.
  • Easy to use PayPal payment system to purchase spots.
  • Makes sure only xx spots are assigned to a single category, to stop crowding.
  • Simple interface in admin area to view current "priority listings"
  • Easy way to assign a link a priority spot, without having to pay via PayPal
  • Very little template work needed :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Screenshots can be found on this page: http://www.ultranerds.com/...riorityListing_L198/

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Jul 23, 2007, 7:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1 In reply to
Hi Andy,

See you been busy, does this plugin log payments?

Cool
Quote Reply
Is there a live demo of this?

Which perl modules does it require?

It looks like it might solve one of my problems :)
Blacknight Solutions - Hosting
Search.ie
Armchair.ie
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] [NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1 In reply to
rascal wrote:
Hi Andy,

See you been busy, does this plugin log payments?

Cool

Hi,

Sure have <G>

It doesn't currently log payments - but it will by the end of the day =) I'm also going to add in some email stuff, so it sends out order confirmations, notification of when their "priority listing" has expired, etc.

I'll post something once I've finished :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [blacknight] [NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1 In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
Is there a live demo of this?

I've got a version on our test site (which was from a fresh install of the plugin). I can send you the demo URL's via PM if you want? (don't really want to publicly give out our development area <G>)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
If you could PM me the URLs I'd appreciate it. I don't like playing with live systems :)
Blacknight Solutions - Hosting
Search.ie
Armchair.ie
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just to keep you updated, I've added in the email feature now - and also the payment logging stuff.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting emails to come though, without being classed as spam :( (see this post: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=297524#p297524 )

I'm also working on another quite cool feature. You will be able to define up to 5 different payment levels.

i.e

Priority 1: Price x
Priority 2: Price x
Priority 3: Price x
Priority 4: Price x
Priority 5: Price x

This will then give you the ability to charge more for a top priority listing, compared to the record that is say 3 down.

It requires a bit of a rewrite, but now the core code is in place - I shouldn't take too long putting it together :)

I'll keep you posted in this thread.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I have a small suggestion.

Instead of having to charge 5 different prices and reduce profit, it would be great if there is a way to rotate top priority listing every rebuild (on static mode) or ever reload on dynamic mode. So for first rebuild/reload it would be: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then for next it would be 2, 3, 4, 5, 1 and next it woudl be 3, 4, 5, 1, 2.... and so on. So every priority listing gets equal importance.

So if someone wants to display this on static mode, they simply need to setup rebuild cron job every night and if someone wants this on dynamic mode, they don't need to do anything else.

Doing so, will not only eliminate wanting to setup different cost for every priority listing but will also add unique feature to the site while helping site owner make good money too.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Any update on this plugin, about the feature I requested?

Thank you again.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] [NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1 In reply to
Hi,

I'm kinda going to be adding that feature in, although not quite as you are asking for. It will be more like a RAND() call for the records in the category (i.e the "priority" ones), so every time the category is built/compiled, it will give a slightly different order (although, this will be obsolete if you only have one advertiser in a category =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] [NEW PLUGIN] BuyPriorityListing v1 In reply to
Hi,

I've just put out version 1.2, which has the results ordered by RAND(), so they will show up in an random order each time you build (or in the case of dynamically run sites, each time the category is loaded).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just an update. Version 1.3 is now available from the Members Area. This was due to a bug that was reported, and has now been fixed.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk