Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin

Quote Reply
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin
Hi,
I downloaded and installed the recommend-it plugin from PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.

I would like to know how to modify the code of this plugin, so it will allow detailed_url tag to work in the email sent to the user, because when I recommend a link, I prefer the recipient to receive a link to my detailed page of this link instead of the link itself.

Thanks in advance,
Brakkar
Quote Reply
Re: [brakkar] PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin In reply to
Are you using Recommend_It version 3.0.1? Andy rewrote Pugdog's plugin and this version is what I use.

This plugin adds a new template called recommend_email_text.html (there is an HTML email version too). You can customise the text and use any global you like. I use a global to rewrite detailed URLs and it can be used in the email templates with no problems.

Last edited by:

aus_dave: Jan 22, 2006, 2:55 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin In reply to
No, I don't use andy's plugin.

Where can I download it ?

Thansk,
Brakkar
Quote Reply
Ok,
I got the plugin, cool.

Now can you help me with this global system that allows detailed_url tag to work in the sent email to friends ?

How do you do it ?

Thanks,
Brakkar
Quote Reply
You don't need anything special for the plugin. You can use anything from your web templates in the email templates.

For example, if you are using rewritten URLs for your detailed pages and have a global to do this, you can use 'http://www.domain.com<%rewrite_url($ID,$Title)%>' in your email template.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin In reply to
Hi,
no, <%detailed_url%> won't work with this plugin when I put this tag in the email sent to users.

Can you tell me please how to have this working in the sent email template from recommendit plugin from andy ??

Thanks,
Benj
Quote Reply
I've had problems with this tag in some templates.

Solution when it occurs is to hard code the hyperlink:
http://www.mysite.com/Detailed/<%ID%>.html
where 'Detailed' is the directory the detailed pages are stored.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc. about recommend it plugin In reply to
Excellent, this is a nice workaround, thank you Alba, I'm going to use it.

Brakkar
Quote Reply
Hello,

Since this is a thread on the recommend_it plugin, Andys, Pugdogs I will post the problem here.

I have Andys recommend_it plugin installed and it works well, but I noticed if you put the following in:

Your Details: Name: Mr.x Email:Mrx@xxx.com
Friend 1: David Email: Blank- no entry
Software error:Column SentList cannot be left blank at recommend_it.cgi line 167.
Would like to see all errors on the template, I do receive an error on the template if I leave any of this
blank: Your Details: Name: Mr.x Email:Mrx@xxx.comAnyone have this problem? Any Suggestions on a fix?