Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help...

Quote Reply
LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help...
Ok.. 2 things. :)

First..
I am supposed to ad something to cron.. to run a script daily.but I don't know exactly what to type for it. I know how to add it..but don't know what to type.

The script is called: ad_crons.pl. This script should be setup up to run once a day.
Does anyone know what I type to add it to run once a day??

2nd thing...
With this classifieds plugin, I also get an error when I click remove expired in the admin area for the classifieds plugin.

It states: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@simcoeclassifieds.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

If anyone could lend some knowledge towards either of these it woudl be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much
Quote Reply
Re: [6foot4] LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help... In reply to
"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

usually means:

1. Perl script was not copied to the server in ASCII mode. FTP usually defaults to bin

2. Path to Perl on the first line of the Perl file is not correct for your server. If you have shell access type "which perl" or "whereis perl" to find where your perl is.

3. The perl file does not have the correct privs. Should be 755 (chmod 755 filename.pl)

If you have shell access, go to the dir where the perl file is located and try to run it and see what happens, e.g. ./filename.pl If it won't run but this way, but runs ok via "perl filename.pl", then it is prob because the file was not copied to the server in ASCII mode.
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos2] LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help... In reply to
that doesnt really help.. as I dont know which file it is.

The link I click says: http://www.simcoeclassifieds.com/...;func=remove_expired so I am not sure what file that is..

Any clue?
Quote Reply
The file is admin.cgi. You need to go to your admin directory and type

perl -w admin.cgi do=plugin plugin=Classifieds func=remove_expired

If you turn debugging on (go to setup in your admin panel and in miscellaneous there is a debug level - set it to 1) it should give you a full error message. Once you've found out what the error is turn debug off again.
Quote Reply

can you tell me where you got the classifieds plugin?

thanks,

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help... In reply to
I bought it from Gossamer-threads.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help... In reply to
mmm... that didnt do anything for me. the error message is the same still. Internal server error..
Quote Reply
Do you have shell access?
Quote Reply
yes I do
Quote Reply
So if you type

perl -w admin.cgi do=plugin plugin=Classifieds func=remove_expired

in your admin directory with debugging on, what output do you get?
Quote Reply
The following is what I get after I do what you said

$VAR1 = bless( {
'bool' => 'AND',
'not' => 0,
'cond' => [
[
'Ad_Expiry_Date',
'<',
'2003-05-08'
]
]
}, 'GT::SQL::Condition' );
GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (13004): Executing query:
SELECT *
FROM lsql_Links, lsql_Users
WHERE lsql_Links.LinkOwner = lsql_Users.Username AND (lsql_Links.Ad_Expiry_Date < '2003-05-08')

from Plugins::Classifieds::remove_expired at /home/paulbax2/simcoeclassifieds/cgi-bin/classifieds/admin/Plugins/Classifieds.pm line 96
Content-type: text/html

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
<table bgColor="#ffffff" border="0" cellPadding="3" cellSpacing="3" width="500" valign="top">
<tr>
<td align="left" bgColor="navy"><b><font color="#ffffff" size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Expired Ads Removed</font></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<p align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Expired Ads Removed</font></b></p>
<p><font size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">0 expired Ads were removed.</font>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td></tr>
</table>

Quote Reply
Looks like it ran successfully. Problem is something about running it from the web. Maybe headers are not being sent correctly for the webserver.

You really need to look in your server logs to see what the server is complaining about.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
It looks like you have some GT::Dumper code left in which is dumping the condition object.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] LinKSQL Classifieds plugin help... In reply to
hmmm.. lost me with that one. :) How would I go about fixing that? What cuased it
Quote Reply
I don't know unfortunately as I am not able to access the code.
Quote Reply
Try contacting GT directly. They have been very helpful at getting me going with the classifieds plugin. Works like a charm. Pop em an email and let us know what happens.