Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Random build order
I don't know if Andy is still around, but I was hoping to get a copy of the random build order plugin. http://gossamer.ultranerds.co.uk/Products/Plugins/Gossamer_Links_Plugins/Free_Plugins/Build_Random_L117/

Or an alternative if there is one.
Quote Reply
Re: [fantasyman] Random build order In reply to
Hi,

I certainly am :) I've attached the plugin here. Been a whie since I've used it, so hopefully it still works

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Random build order In reply to
Wow so fast! Thanks Andy :)

No joy though...

Error running installation code: GT::SQL::Editor (16705): Cannot create index on 'Description' as it is a text/blob field at GT::SQL::Table::check_schema line 1634.

I'm reviving a site that's been neglected for many years and TBH I'm grateful Links still works at all.
Quote Reply
Re: [fantasyman] Random build order In reply to
Hi,

Hmm thats weird. Something is trying to create an index on the "Description" field, but its set as a TEXT value, not VARCHAR. Did you change it to TEXT so you could put more text in maybe? The plugin doesn't even use the "Description" field - so I'm not sure why it would be complaining about that (I just checked the install code, and there is no mention)

One option is to create a new field via Database > Links > Properties > Add Column. Then add:

Name: RandomID
Type INT
Form display : Random Order ID

Add that, and then try to install again. See if that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Random build order In reply to
Yeah...um...I mentioned its been a while right? lol The templating system came back to me really quickly and I'm almost done with Frankensteining bootstrap into Luna, but I honestly don't really remember what I changed on the back end or why anymore. I made the link description varchar 255 and sure enough the plug in installed just fine.

Thanks again Andy. Your help and contributions were always far and above the call and here you are still paying attention. My hat's off and best wishes to you my good sir. :)