Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin

Quote Reply
Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin
Hello Andy/Pugdog

I've downloaded the Allposter plugin, to see what it can do for me.
I've installed it under Andy''s affiliate code, & run the includes cgi script.
It stops by importing the posters, becouse he could not find
CategoryProductInformation.txt and ImageInformation.txt

I don't received this files in the plugin.

Where can i get this files?
Quote Reply
Re: [ericho] Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin In reply to
Sorry about that. The instructions can be found here;

http://www.ultranerds.com/...rum.cgi?post=843#843

I tried to make it as easy to run as possible, but they use FTP access to download the files (i.e ftp://user:pass@site.com/pub/file.zip).

I'm also in the process of setting up a poster site: http://www.posters-for-you.co.uk . Its still got quite a bit of template work to be done... but you can see the 103,000+ posters listed there :) (took 40 mins to get that far on my server).

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin In reply to
Set up and tried this plugin,,, works fine until it gets to >> IMPORTING POSTERS NOW << and then it hangs up...
Any suggestions on what might cause this??
Using 2.2.0 version of links..

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin In reply to
Hi. How long did you leave it? It can take quite a while to import the posters. Do you have $DEBUG turned on in the script itself? That will give you more details on what the script is actually doing :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply

my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] Question about Ultranerds Allposter Plugin In reply to
Also.. is anyone interested in an Art.com import script? It should be a lot quicker to import their feed; and can also be run in conjunction with AllPosters.com feeds. I'm in the process of setting this up on my new site;

http://www.buy-a-poster.com

Let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll try and get it packaged with some documentation.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just so everyone knows, there is a new version of this script out now (1.2). It boasts new features, as well as being a *LOT* easier to use.

1) Install plugin.
2) Set your affiliate ID.
3) Run the import script.

The main addition to this version, is a total rewrite of the category import routines, as well as the ability to import any of the 3 main "areas". Example;

Code:
perl allposters.cgi --file=ftp://user:pass@ftp.allposters.com/AllPosters_CompleteDatafeed_TXT.zip -category=Art -clean=yes -dograb=no
perl allposters.cgi --file=ftp://user:pass@ftp.allposters.com/AllPosters_CompleteDatafeed_TXT.zip -category=Entertainment -clean=no -dograb=no
perl allposters.cgi --file=ftp://user:pass@ftp.allposters.com/AllPosters_CompleteDatafeed_TXT.zip -category=Specialty~~Products -clean=no -dograb=no

Nice and simple. ... and very quick <G>

Enjoy!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
v2.5 is now out :D

Its really just a few changes, to make it compatible with 2.99, and also a few changes that AllPosters made to their product feed.

If you already have this plugin installed, then please just open the .tar file up manually, and upload the new allposters.cgi import script, into your /admin/ALLPOSTERS folder.

NB: You need to change the 'lib' paths!

i.e;

use lib '/full/path/to/admin';

Enjoy!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk