Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug

Quote Reply
Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug
Hi

In that plug in if a user left the fields blank or incomplete it will return a 500 error rather than an error message..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug In reply to
So use my recommend plugin Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug In reply to
LOL..

I would love to..

The only problem I modified pugdog plug in to work with URL's so users can recommend a specific page on the site as well as links..

And your plug in does not offer this very used feature on my site ..

(it allows users to recommend categories, links detailed pages, or any other html or cgi generated page on the site).

BTW: That is a very nice add on to your plug in Wink
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug In reply to
The problem is probably just a print $IN->header() at the begining of the program. I hate being messy, so I don't do that, but try to put the lines of code near where they are used, if they are used. (This used to cause a problem in cgi.pm, but not in GT::CGI.pm)

I'll see what I can do. That plug in is probably in need of some clean up and fixing. I had hoped to merge it into a utilities group, actually.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug In reply to
Thanks

I will try that and see..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Pugdog: Recommend_It plug in bug In reply to
Hi Paul

can your plug in be chenged to accept a URL as well as an ID so users can use it to pass either a Link or a whole URL within the site (category, users profile...)

I think that will be a very cool add on.
Regards
KaTaBd