Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Problem with payment and NET::SSLeay modules >>

Quote Reply
Problem with payment and NET::SSLeay modules >>
Hi,

I've been having a problems getting the the payment modules working in LinksSQL. I seem to be having the same exact problem as Lennie and other's described in this thread... http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=266594

Adrian from GT determined the following:

"Lennie's problem was that he didn't have Net::SSLeay installed, which caused an error to occur with all the payment methods other than 2Checkout and WorldPay. This however leads to another problem - no error message is displayed."

I've contacted my host who say's that Net::SSLeay is installed. I guess this must mean it is either configured wrong, or not configured properly for users on virtual accounts like myself. Either way they can't seem to figure out why the module is not working for me.

By searching around for some answers I found this thread where Jagerman explains how to install Net::SSLeay locally for Gforum. I was hoping I could use this same method...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...et_up_error_P252396/

> First, is this same method possible to use for my Links install?

> I'm not that familiar with installing perl modules. What directory should I download and extract Net::SSLeay to?

> What path should I use since I'm installing to Links and not Gforum? EX: perl Makefile.PL -- LIB=/path/to/your/links/admin ???

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] Problem with payment and NET::SSLeay modules >> In reply to
Update:

I've finally determined that the Net::SSLeay module on my server seems to be working properly. Running a few perl test via telnet show secure connections without any errors. Therefore, I guess there's no need to concentate on reinstalling Net:SSLeay.

My problem trying add and configure payment methods other than 2Checkout and WorldPay still remains... The pages simply won't display at all once I click "configure payment method".

Here's the only thing returned in my error logs:

panic: POPSTACK
Callback called exit.
END failed--cleanup aborted at admin.cgi line 19.
Callback called exit at admin.cgi line 19.
END failed--cleanup aborted at admin.cgi line 25.
Callback called exit at admin.cgi line 25.
END failed--cleanup aborted at admin.cgi line 20

I'm at a loss.... Any help or suggestions are completely welcomed!
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] Problem with payment and NET::SSLeay modules >> In reply to
Hi,

What's happening is perl is giving the following error:

vs2:/path/to/linkssql/admin % ./admin.cgi 'do=page;page=payment_methods_add_method.html;type=remote;method=PayPal' > /dev/null
panic: POPSTACK
Callback called exit.
END failed--cleanup aborted at ./admin.cgi line 20.
Callback called exit at ./admin.cgi line 20.
END failed--cleanup aborted at ./admin.cgi line 25.
Callback called exit at ./admin.cgi line 25.
END failed--cleanup aborted at ./admin.cgi line 20.
vs2:/path/to/linkssql/admin %

The panic: POPSTACK is basically an internal perl error (perl got confused about things). It isn't specific to perl 5.005_03, but rather only on some system configurations (seems to be mainly freebsd and 5.005_03). We haven't been able to track down the exact circumstances that trigger this error, but it is related to signal handling.

A couple options:

1. Upgrade perl to a newer version.
2. Disable the error handler in Links SQL by commenting out:

local $SIG{__DIE__} = \&Links::fatal;

in all cgi's.
3. Install Compress::Zlib, and bytes.pm perl modules. This is what is triggering the problem (which should normally be handled gracefully as those are optional modules). This will get you by the paypal stage, but other problems may arise.

Hope that helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Problem with payment and NET::SSLeay modules >> In reply to
Alex,

Thanks so much for taking a look, and supplying those solutions...

I just got Perl upgraded to 5.006001 on my server, and I happy to say all everything is working great! Smile