Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PayPal Shopping Cart Plugin

Quote Reply
PayPal Shopping Cart Plugin
Hi,

I've started a new thread for clarity.

If anyone remembers the paypal plugin I started ages ago, well it's almost done.

It is a shopping cart that integrates with Links SQL and is for PayPal clients.

It uses the IPN system for instant payment verifications and will insert all transaction details into your own database for a complete payment system.

The cart easily integrates into your site and the only time customers leave the site is to go to the paypal payment page but then they are brought straight back when the verification is done.

All transactions can be viewed from the admin panel and administrators can search for transactions, list transactions and manipulate ordering for complete control - screenshot attached.

This means that you can restrict access to content areas etc until the payment has been validated or allow access to a members area using the transaction id which can be looked up against your database...or whatever you want..its very flexible.

The price for the plugin is $75 but there is a two week trial for free - the plugin will expire after that time.

If anyone has comments/qns please let me know.

The plugin will be ready in a day or so.

Last edited by:

Paul: May 13, 2002, 5:59 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] PayPal Shopping Cart Plugin In reply to
I like this one Paul!

Comments:
  • Be able to set "VAT or GST or PST or whatever you like" in canada we have two taxes so we would need two tax fields... don't know if you can put this in.
  • Ability to put in a conversion amount in the setting and it shows the actual price in one currency (USD) and a quote or estimate in the other (CDN or GBP or EURO) with a discalimer showing the currency converstion and that this is an estimate.

Smile

Edit: In Canada, we are actually required to show the two taxes seperately, due to their being different taxes on certain items, and for different Provinces.... I am still working out the tax system here!

Last edited by:

sooke: May 13, 2002, 8:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] PayPal Shopping Cart Plugin In reply to
Hi,

I'll add the GST tax in...VAT and Shipping are already in there.
Quote Reply
Ok this should be ready tommorrow.
Quote Reply
Paul, just a few more questions.

I don't have a shop as such on my site... but your plugin may be useful for handling payments for my advertising.

Would I be correct in assuming that you have a table with your products, description, tax, price etc? So I could call the product...."Footer Advertising Option 1" for example? And I guess Qty could be changed to "weeks" or "months"?

Maybe this is not what you intended with this plugin... but just wanted to see if it would be suitable for what I am doing.

Oh, one more question... Can it handle multiple currencies, like USD and CDN? One is a quote of the other based on exchange rate you set type of thing.

Thanks

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
It uses the Links table and will accept any columns you want, so by default you have:

Title, Description and the installer adds a Price column so if you wanted you could add a few more custom columns to the Links table and turn those records into the advertising options....so you could add "Impressions" or whatever, then you can inserts the appropriate tags into the templates and people can purchase advertising.

Currencies aren't currently handled but I guess it could be done with a simple global like:

Total in USD: <%Total%>
Total in CAD: <%Plugins::ShoppingCart::convert(Total, exchange_rate)%>

I'll add in the convert routine if that looks like it may be useful.

Edit: Thinking about it, you could just do:

<%Total / exchange_rate%>

I *think*

Last edited by:

Paul: May 16, 2002, 3:56 PM
Quote Reply
I guess it will depend on your potential users of this plugin Paul.

I don't know how much you see things quoted in Euro on line in Europe, but these guys may want that.... perhaps pounds also if you are from these countries. I know Canadians like to see CDN bucks as well as the american.

I did not know you could do math inside a tag??

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

sooke: May 16, 2002, 4:02 PM
Quote Reply
Yeah any conversion rates would be easier just to insert as a tag rather than building it into the plugin....its more flexible...but you'd need to keep the rates updated.
Quote Reply
If you don't follow the MiniVend/Interchange mailing list, you might want to stop by and check out their archives on the problems with paypal integration. I believe Redhat bought them, or one of the unix companies, so you might be able to get to them via that site.

Several developers/potential developers have pointed out problems that they feel they can't deal with as of this point.

For confirmed product delivery, there seem to be authentication problems.

I stopped following the discussion when I stopped plans for this sort of plugin, but i'm still seeing quite a few message every day in the thread.

Paypal was not designed for automatic processing as in an unmanned shopping cart, but rather interactive transactions like a virtual ATM.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Paul,
Hi! I was wondering if your plugin can be used to charge for posting. I modified linksql to allow for different types of posting (Events, Business, Personal, online community, etc...), and I have a price matrix that I plan to use to manage the various types of posting. I am developing an event and tournament registration system. It is actually quite simple... the coordinator will pay for the ability to post an event and have people register to it. Ok... hit me back either way, I need to implement a pay service and I could really use you insight.

Thanks,
Odin "funodie" Castillo
funodie@hotmail.com