Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Notifications automatically to Google

Quote Reply
Notifications automatically to Google
Hi,

Since Google has developed the web indexing system called Caffeine, now links can be find immediately after being published. Therefore it is very important to notify Google a new publication in real time.

For example, WordPress automatically notifies Google and other sites when it has updated a blog by sending a XML-RPC ping each time a post is created or updated.

Would it be possible to implement a ping to notify automatically to Google when I add a link in 'Gossamer Links' ?

JoseML
Quote Reply
Re: [JoseML] Notifications automatically to Google In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, well I guess so. The biggest issue with static built sites, is that this link wouldn't be made instantaly visible (i.e you would need to run a build before the file exists)

If you are using mod_rewrite, then it shouldn't be an issue (as the page will become visible right away). Would offer to have a look at this for you now, but I'm a bit bogged down with other work atm.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Notifications automatically to Google In reply to
Thanks Andy for your quick answer.

1) Andy said: < The biggest issue with static built sites, is that this link wouldn't be made instantaly visible>

No problem, my detailed pages are dynamics.

2) Andy said: < If you are using mod_rewrite, then it shouldn't be an issue>

No problem, I can use mod_rewrite.

Thanks in advance,

JoseML
Quote Reply
Hi,

So do you send people to page.cgi?d=1, or static *looking* URL's (using mod_rewrite)

Not sure when I will have time to look at this plugin, as gonna be a pretty busy week by the looks of it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Notifications automatically to Google In reply to
Hi,

I prefer to send people to "page.cgi?d=1".

Cheers,

JoseML
Quote Reply
Ok, will try and see what I can come up with at some point. I'm afraid it will probably have to be a paid plugin though, at it may take a little while to wirte.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk