Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Newsletter/email etc
In the other forum I asked about what people wanted in the mailer.

Has anyone made a mod that took the emailed message, and added it as a link in a "Newsletters" topic? Or as a link from another page? I think I would like people to be able to read old newsletters like a second "announcements" area in GForum, or as a "Newsletters" topic in Links. (When someone clicks Newsletter they are prompted to join, but also to view old mailings -- sort of like the _OLD_ bcentral before M$ bought it.)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Newsletter/email etc In reply to
Quote:
people to be able to read old newsletters like a second "announcements" area in GForum, or as a "Newsletters" topic in Links
I like the idea.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
The hot ticket is to use the newsletter plugin that Virginia at GT created then have it port over to GForum in a "newsletter" folder. Then you get max controls over the newsletter and get the archive needed for prior newsletters.

Just my opinion of course...Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Newsletter/email etc In reply to
Which plugin is that?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
You would have to get the plugin direct from Virginia at GT. It is called "Newsletter" plugin and it is category specific, allows full control from the user side to opt in and out of any category that they would like.

Then you could use another plugin to post the email generated from the newsletter plugin to your forum as the nesletter is sent out. Thus archiving and automating the process.