Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
News Plugin...
Ok...I'm looking at working on a Plugin that will allow the administrator to add news via the Plugins admin interface. The general features are going to be;

+ Admin option, where news can be deleted/added/modified
+ Tag that can be placed in templates to call last x news entries.
+ CGI Script which will let them view all the news feed that exists in the database..

If anyone has any ideas on what would be a cool addon for this pugin, please let me know. I've got about half of it done now...so we should see a completed beta version by monday or tuesday.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] News Plugin... In reply to
There is a great cgi script NewsPro, which could be used for this, we should just implement how to conect it through the plugin interface to LSQL.
A plugin would be fine to use, edit NewsPro from LSQL.
Just an idea.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] News Plugin... In reply to
Ok...the plugin is now complete...I'm just putting it through some beta-testing. If you are interested in testing for me, please give me an email. I only need 2-3 people....just incase there are some bugs/features I missed Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Does this have only local (admin) control or does it allow for outside sources to have access and if so, what are the controls?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] News Plugin... In reply to
Only admin has control. The user can view the listings via news.cgi, or the admin can enter a tag, to show it in any of the templates.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
BTW: I'll try and get some demo screenshots and a feature list made up tomorrow....when I can find some time :p

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy!

Currently I need to use a slightly different type. But this sounds pretty slick. I look forward to seeing the screenshots, etc...
Quote Reply
There has been several threads on a calendar in the Gforum. I think being able to add events / news in a collective web calendar is what I would need for the moment. No one has public addressed this calendar thing yet (or I missed it), I know it would be appreciated by the GT community.

Just an idea,

Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] News Plugin... In reply to
Well, I'm finally getting there. It took longer than I anticipated, but its more feature packed than I was expecting ;) Special thanks for webmaster33, who has helped me in my beta-testing. I still have a few more features that I would like to add, such as horizontal news listings (at the moment they are verticle), the option to include news via SSI, and some other stuff.

I may be releasing the current version today, as a beta to a select few people. If you are interested, please PM me. I'm just going to iron out a few bugs with the CSV import/export feature, and then we should be ready for a release Smile

I'll keep you updated...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk