Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

New links page with links forever

Quote Reply
New links page with links forever
Is it possible to have the links on the new links page forever with out having the flags everywhere forever? I have site with only 500 links and about 2 new links a week. And I hate to have the new links page empty all the time. I would want to keep all the history of the new links in the new link page for ever. But I want the flags only for couple weeks or so. This page could work little bit as a sitemap for the spiders.
Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] New links page with links forever In reply to
Hi,

Sounds like you need to increase;

Setup > Build Options > build_new_cutoff

Its normally set at 14 (2 weeks), but you should be able to set this to 90 (3 months), which is about as high as I would recommend going (or else all your links will be showing up as new =)).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New links page with links forever In reply to
Thanks, but it would put the links in the new link page for 3 month. Is it possible to have the links in the new links page forever? So the links from 2003 will be still visible in the new link page? I would like to have all the links ever submitted in the new link page as a history and as a sitemap, with out having the flags forever. Has anyone have any idea?
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] New links page with links forever In reply to
That wouldn't be wise, as it would mean a lot more CPU usage on your server, and also a mile long list =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New links page with links forever In reply to
It would use the CPU only when building pages, no?
This site will have at most 1000 links itís not that much.