Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

New Members Area coming soon.

Quote Reply
New Members Area coming soon.
Hi,

I've finally taken the plunge and started working on a new Members Area for people who own our plugins. It will be split up into main sections:

GLinks
GForum
GComm
GMail
Design (for my new GLink template sets)

These will then be sub-headed, to make it easier for people who own plugins from us, in different types of programs (i.e some people have GLinks + Gcomm plugins, which at the moment are all part of the same list, which gets a bit confusing)

Just in case anyone is going to want to download any plugins at some point tomorrow (8am up to probably about 12, GMT), then you may have issues accessing the download area.

Obviously I'm going to do as much of the work as possible, before making it live - so I'm just going to disable the Members Area while I'm carring out the work.

Hopefully you will like the new interface =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New Members Area coming soon. In reply to
Hi,

The new "Members Area" on our site is now complete.

http://www.ultranerds.com/login

If anyone has any issues, please PM/email me - and I'll get them fixed up. Its pretty much a whole rewrite of the old system ( which hadn't been re-written in about 6 years =)), so was well overdue.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
looks better now.
Perhaps a short description what the plugin does or a link back to the plugins detail page would be useful.
Thanks
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] New Members Area coming soon. In reply to
Hi,

Interesting idea - may well do that (will be a little difficult, as they are not "linked" to their listing records - so it would need to do a "lookup" in the database, to find the appropriate records). Will see what I can do though =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I gave it a go, but no luck - it looks like the "relational" stuff doesn't work very well (cos the members area is in GComm, and obvioulsy the data is in the GLinks database)

Bit of a shame - but I'm sure people can live without having a description Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sure we can. It was just a suggestion :-)

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Matthias70 wrote:
Sure we can. It was just a suggestion :-)

Cool

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

After writing the new Members Area - I thought it was also about time I re-did the design on Ultranerds.com, to make it look better, and easier to use.

If anyone notices and problems with the new design, please either post here, PM or email me (with as much details as possible, such as browser, etc)

Hopefully it all works well for everyone Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk