Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
MyLinks_SQL Update
I've updated mylinks_sql to work with 2.1.0

You can download it from your admin plugins page.

Please let me know if you get any errors. I've tested it on my copy of 2.1.0 and it worked.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] MyLinks_SQL Update In reply to
Hi Paul,

Does this version store the users favorites in a cookie or an SQL database?

Thanks,
Amanda
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoken] MyLinks_SQL Update In reply to
Im glad you asked :)

It stores in a cookie but about an hour ago I started working on the database version :)
Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't expect one so soon!

I'm _really_ looking forward to the database version being released and will be happy to put forth a donation for your time.

I'm still using my old Links 2.0 because it has the database version of MyLinks I need (too many headaches dealing with lost cookie complaints!) and am anxiously awaiting the SQL version so I can release my new re-vamped website. Cool

Kind regards,
Amanda
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,

I just downloaded the trial and the program looks pretty sweet. I have a question though. When I look at the user list and select a username it comes up with this: What does this actually mean and how can it be corrected by a user and not an admin? Thanks!

Oops, we had the following problem:
The profile for this user is not available.
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,

Another thing I noticed is that when I login there is no link for me to "view Favorites". Is there a tag that I need to add to the "Menu" to make it come up?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] MyLinks_SQL Update In reply to
I figured out that if you select Private for your list it comes up with the profile statement.
Oops, we had the following problem:
The profile for this user is not available.

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Jun 15, 2002, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,

I was wondering how I could get the stored favorites to be removed from the mylinks table when a link is removed through the admin panel (like how the Links 2.0 flatfile database version does). Over several months, my mylinks table will have thousands of "dead" entries due to the nature of my website, and i'd rather not have these records wasting my (very limited) space.

Regards,
Amanda

Last edited by:

Evoken: Jun 16, 2002, 5:24 AM