Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson

Quote Reply
MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson
Hi all!

Has established MyLinks_DB Plugin. The program has liked me.
But has passed 3 days of a trial period and now it is necessary to get the license.
" Your 3 day trial of the MyLinks database plugin has expired. Please purchase a license ($40) by emailing mylinks@wiredon.net. You will receive an auto-response with payment instructions. "
I am ready to get this license, but I do not know how to find this person (Paul Wilson).
In a forum has read, that this program for a long time is not supported by the author.
But if she has liked me, whether îäíà÷àåò it, what I can use this program without the license?
Probably, somebody from constant members of a forum knows how to contact Paul?

BR,
Bigpat

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Web directory and search engine | Dirlist.net Directory - Add your link today.
Quote Reply
Re: [Bigpat] MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson In reply to
I don't know if Paul is still around.
You may want to check out the myfaves plugin from Ultranerds it does eseentially the same thing. Or wait for 3.0 which has user bookmarks built in.

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Hi,

Paul isn't around any more. The only other options, are;

GT's "Bookmark" plugin
Using the built in bookmark system from GLinks 2.99.
MyFaves - my plugin
MyFavLinks - A combo of my plugin, and Pauls. This is pugdogs version =)

Probably not what you want to hear, but hopefully that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson In reply to
Hi Andy!

I esteemed the information on your plug-in.
Where it is possible to see at it in job?
Whether the trial the version for testing is given?
Than this plug-in is better/worse, than MyLinks_DB Plugin?

Pudlog plug-in i not found. Where information about it?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote Reply
Paul may be contacted at the following email address: pjd.wilson@gmail.com

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson In reply to
Thx, I written to this address and wait for the answer.

BR,
Bigpat

Last edited by:

Bigpat: Mar 22, 2005, 10:23 AM
Quote Reply
Andy's plugin is pretty good and worth every penny, I have used it. You can check it out at www.needscripts.com

hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson In reply to
Hi SWDevil.com!

You site used Cookies, I like the decision based on a database.

Whether there is even one site which would use plug-in Andy with support of a database? Wink

Quote Reply
Hi,

My version supports both database and cookies =) (a global setting for the plugin).

The database method requires the users to be logged in, as their username is used to store their favorite links.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Quote:
My version supports both database and cookies =) (a global setting for the plugin).
Wow, I didn't know about that.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Hi Andy!

Where it is possible to see at the full, working version of this plug-in?

BR,
Bigpat

Quote Reply
Hi,

Try here;

http://www.needscripts.com/Flash/index.html

Click on "Add to Favorites" next to the link. This is using cookies, but it works in a very similar way with the SQL version (it just requires them to login first).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Yes, I already saw it. Here are used Cookies.
Where it is possible to see at it:
Andy speak: " MyFavLinks - A combo of my plugin, and Pauls. This is pugdogs version =) "

Quote Reply
There are one or two sites using my plugin, but I can't post their URL's without permission.

I think the http://starwarslinks.com is using a recent version.

BTW: I think my version will import/update both Andy and Pauls database version. I made the decision to drop the cookie support, since the original version does that, and to really get all the features you need, and which this plugin has, you have to log in eg: have a username. In order to link the user to the database of their links, you have to have a log on. I may not have finished the automated import for Pauls program (lack of demand) but it's fairly trivial to issue a few MySQL commands and have it done for you. I'm pretty sure the import for Andy's program works as expected. But since that is a one-time thing, I did not make it a major priority -- it's easy to do by hand, and difficult to do automated, in all cases. Time was better spent working on features _after_ the import or install :)

The plugin is 97% ready as is, but I think there are still template issues.

I am looking at the GT book marks, and seeing if I can merge the two better. My version allows you to alter/change the URL, and sever the ties with the Links record, thus adding in your own private links, in addition to the ones found in the Links table.

Admittedly there are a few quirks, such as if the database owner plays with the link ID, but in that case, the link in your book marks becomes an "outside" link, it's not deleted or lost. I believe both Paul and Andy deleted the link from the users Link List. The reason for this is I was (and still am) turning this into a wish list, and if a product is discontinued from a database, or catalog, I did not want it to disappear from the "wish list". It would be flagged as "wanted" but "unavailable here."

BTW: I tried it on a 2.99 system, and it worked. With bookmarks on or off. You just have to have the "bookmarks" link point to the right script :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] MyLinks_DB Plugin - need Paul Wilson In reply to
Thanks all answered. I have contacted Paul Wilson to this address "pjd.wilson@gmail.com" and have paid for " MyLinks_DB Plugin".
I hope, that I shall soon receive the working version.

P.S. I hope, will be what is it much faster, than my negotiations with Yogi which cannot already think up four days way of payment " PageBuilder Plugin " which I also want to get. Smile

Quote Reply
All thanks for the help.
Paul has sent me plugin.

P.S. Now I wait the answer from Yogi :)

BR,
Bigpat