Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous

Quote Reply
Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous
Has anyone integrated links with a lightweight support/ticketing system. Something that could be installed from softaculous and then links user can post to the support ticket without having to create another account in the support desk? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous In reply to
Hi,

It would be more the issue of getting the ticket system to talk to GLinks, and lookup the "session" cookie value, to make sure they are logged in (and then redirecting them back to the GLinks login page is they are not). haven't done anything like that for a while, so I'm afraid I can't make any suggestions as to what script to use (ideally one with a plugin system of some kind)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous In reply to
Hey socrates,

What exactly do you want to do?
Adding something like osTicket could probably be done with the approach Andy suggested.
Depending on your needs a support contact form just using E-Mails could be an easier approach.
And adding a table with
Code:
ID
RefID
Title
Description
isPublic [Yes/No]
Status [open/solved]
to your LinksSQL with some lines of code could do a lot of things.

Regards

Niko
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous In reply to
Quote:
What exactly do you want to do?
Well, I am basically looking for a glink user to use their UserID and create a ticket in one of these helpdesks for any issues, so when the ticket is created it can be tracked by the glink userID - meaning, it is just to show that a particular userID created a helpdesk ticket.

Both programs don't necessarily need to talk to each other as long as glinks userID can be passed in to the helpdesk posting. Also, some helpdesks do not require creating an account or logging in while creating a new ticket and so one such helpdesk would be better.

Your other idea of creating another table is ok too and I may try but my knowledge is limited so I was wondering if anyone had done something like this already. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I wrote a custom ticket system for Ultranerds a long time ago, but it's not really portable I'm afraid. I can't say I've ever tried to integrate any other kind of ticket system in place. I guess it couldn't hurt to ask on the forums for some of the ticket systems? (to see if its possible to pass along custom params somehow)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous In reply to
Hello,

I found helpdeskz which looks good and on this page it says it can be integrated with other scripts and share user data so the user does not have to register in the helpdesk - http://www.helpdeskz.com/help/knowledgebase/2/article/13/login-share-what-is-it-and-how-to-set-it-up

but it is not clear to me after I follow the steps there and create a page called helpdeskz_auth.php - do I put the "Authentication Script Example" code in helpdeskz_auth.php page? Then what? Where do I send the user to login to the helpdesk? It does not have any form posting in that authentication script example and when I open . How does the user information from links user gets passed/posted in to the helpdeskz or how does the authentication work.

If someone understands this, can you help me how I can integrate this with links - what steps to follow so links user can login to helpdesk (without them creating a new helpdesk account)?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Without spending time actually doing the work, I'm afraid I can't really help. These kinds of jobs would normally be a paid for task, and not something you can really help with over a forum (they are quite involved, especially when trying to work across different scripts).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links with a lightweight ticketing system - like one the available ones in softaculous In reply to
Thanks for your reply Andy but at this time I can't justify spending any more money on dead software and if it were not for your support in this forum, this community would have died a long time ago. The other thing is that despite my interest and purchase of this script several years ago, I never actually implemented anything or installed it in a working environment as I didn't want to bother doing so when I realized a few years ago that this thing was dead but because this is such a great script and ahead of its time, since I have a license in the last year I thought may be I should give it one more shot because it still fits my requirements - but the problem is that for the most part you are the only one who has any knowledge about this. This was a wonderful script but for the most part it was wonderful because of all the plugins that you created and your support in the forums but let us face it if you are no longer making any money from them, I am afraid someday soon you are going to stop coming here too because it may not be worth your time and I understand that you have to earn some money too and if it does not pay, you will also stop coming here and I am afraid if there are any problems with your plugins it is even harder to have support for them in the future. For that reason, I can not justify spending anymore on this and in the meantime, I have been looking for alternatives and I have found other scripts that do what I want and I am still contemplating whether or not use links sql.