Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Limit links Plugin
Hey Andy how do I download your plugin. (Limit_Links_Add)?
When I try from the SQL Admin download panel I get

Error: The plugin you selected is a paid plugin, and you do not have access to it. Please contact orders@gossamer-threads.com for more information

Thanks in advance

AuctionGuy

AuctionGuy
If you think Education is expensive, Try ignorance.
Quote Reply
Re: [AuctionGuy] Limit links Plugin In reply to
Hi. Sorry about that...I forgot to upload the HTML message in the download area Wink Should be fixed now...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Limit links Plugin In reply to
Works fine now, Thanks
AuctionGuy
If you think Education is expensive, Try ignorance.
Quote Reply
What does that Limit links plugin?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Limit links Plugin In reply to
It lets you limit how many links a user can submit via add.cgi.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Why is it useful? You need more&more links if possible. The task better should be to have good & valid links. You can reach that by user reviews & votes...

How do you identify a user?
What if a user registers several times?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
When a user is logged in, thats when it works. You need to restrict spamming users...i.e people who setup robots to submit to you many times, and also people who just submit to you loads of times in an attempt to get a better listing.

Its useful to some people, trust me Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
>setup robots to submit to you many times,
You can check referer for add.cgi and deny unallowed submissions.

>also people who just submit to you loads of times in an attempt to get a better listing.
Duplicate checking can stop multiple submissions.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Webmaster33, people don't want/have time to always go the easy way...I have incorporated this function into a plugin, and people DO need it, otherwise I wouldn't be making sales from it Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
No problem. I just expressed my doubts, and my opinion...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Quote:
people who setup robots to submit to you many times, and also people who just submit to you loads of times in an attempt to get a better listing.

How does it stop robots?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Limit links Plugin In reply to
Well, users have to be logged in, and then they can't submit more than the plugin has been set to allow them to. Therefore, even a robot couldn't spam the site with hundreds of submissions, because they would just be declined Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
But how does the plugin stop them, what does it check for?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Limit links Plugin In reply to
It doesn't STOP them as such, but rather declines them. As said before, it checks for the username, also how many links the user has added (if over the limit, an error is shown)....its not rocket science Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Just wondering, that's all.