Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Is there a way to make some categories dynamic and others static?

Quote Reply
Is there a way to make some categories dynamic and others static?
There is about 3 categories that are listed on our links home page that I'd like to have open with page.cgi is this possible somehow?

So if someone clicks on Articles it uses static pages, if someone clicks on Active Card List category, it opens using page.cgi, then if somebody clicks on sub category or actual link to detailed page in that category it should continue to open using page.cgi

I think the last part is relatively easy to do, since once opened in page.cgi every page opens in page.cgi but if I could make it so that those 3 categories on the home page are linked through page.cgi that would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] Is there a way to make some categories dynamic and others static? In reply to
Mm, nothing comes up immediatly.. but you could do something like this in subcategory.html:

Code:
<%if Full_Name eq "Articles"%><%config.db_cgi_url%>/page.cgi?g=Articles<%else%><%URL%><%endif%>

..instead of just <%URL%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!