Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Is it possible to show some links only for reg. users?

Quote Reply
Is it possible to show some links only for reg. users?
Can this plugin be created?

1) Is is possible to show some links (by adding a yes/no field in links table) only to registered users and the rest to general public?

2) If the above is possible then is it possible to show only certain fields of a link to registered users?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Is it possible to show some links only for reg. users? In reply to
Quote:
1) Is is possible to show some links (by adding a yes/no field in links table) only to registered users and the rest to general public?
2) If the above is possible then is it possible to show only certain fields of a link to registered users?
Yes. Both can be done using template if conditions.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Is it possible to show some links only for reg. users? In reply to
Hi,

Sure thing. Something like this;

Code:
<%if user.Username%>
.. show link
<%endif%>

..or if you have a field called "RegisteredUsersOnly", as a yes/no, then you could use;

Code:
<%if RegisteredUsersOnly eq "Yes"%>
<%if user.Username%>
.. show link
<%endif%>
<%endif%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Is it possible to show some links only for reg. users? In reply to
Thanks both for the info.