Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Is it possible to add a custom bit of html to every template that I want to add it to?

Quote Reply
Is it possible to add a custom bit of html to every template that I want to add it to?
Hi,

Is it possible for me to write out some html coding in one file (let's call it custom1.html) and somehow include that in every template that I want to include it in by calling it in by like maybe <%include custom1.html%>?

My thoughts on this is that I have many template pages in Links sql that reuse the same html coding and it's quite extensive. What I'd like to be able to do is to only change the contents of the custom1.html page and have that included in the (details.html, modify_success.html etc) template pages, instead of having to cut and paste it into each template that uses the same bit of html coding.

Would this be possible without some elaborate plugin?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] Is it possible to add a custom bit of html to every template that I want to add it to? In reply to
I wonder if this could simply be done with an iframe? It needs to be in the following templates (and maybe more), detailed.html modify_success.html, include_form.html, and a couple more that escape my thinking right now.

I would think that I could do this with an iframe but don't want to mess things up that are already established.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] Is it possible to add a custom bit of html to every template that I want to add it to? In reply to
Sure, I do that all the time (for sidebars, etc) - its a much better way to manage the templates, as it keeps things in one place (and makes it easier/quicker to make changes)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!