Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Install plugin:"Unable to extra file"

Quote Reply
Install plugin:"Unable to extra file"
Moving to a new server & did a fresh install via telnet. Then copied templates & def. Everything is working except my pluggin install. I am getting the error below:

Quote:
Unable to install plugin: 'Unable to extract file: ....Permission denied
I tried changing permissions on files such as plugin.cfg, yet they won't change with my ftp or with Fileman (nobody owns them). I assume when I upload plugins they are owned by Nobody. Yet not sure why the plugin.cfg is since I installed via telnet... Could that be the issue?

Plugin 777
- Installed 777
- Unintalled 777
--- CAPTCHA.tar 644
plugin.cfg 666

Any advice?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: [Soren] Install plugin:"Unable to extra file" In reply to
Hi,

Sounds like it can't extract a file (usually not the .pm file, as it looks like you have the folder CHMOD set right for that)

If you go in Plugins > Plugin Manager, and click "Edit" next to "CAPTCHA" , what list of files are there in the plugin?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Jan 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Install plugin:"Unable to extra file" In reply to
Hi Andy,

Files below are listed for Captcha. I get the same problem with any plugin I try to install. They all worked fine on my old server. I also tried FTPing the plugins to see if that would work.

Install.pm (11669 bytes)
CAPTCHA.pm (27737 bytes)
captcha.cgi (869 bytes)
captcha_build.php (9680 bytes)
captcha_verify.php (649 bytes)
Is it correct to have plugin.cfg owner by the server (nobody), while all other files are owned by me?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Soren] Install plugin:"Unable to extra file" In reply to
Shoot over FTP and GLinks access if you want, and I'll have a look for you. Could be just a CHMOD issue - or you may need to [or get your host to] CHOWN the files, so they are owned by the right user.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Install plugin:"Unable to extra file" In reply to
Andy fixed it Wink

I had my main Glinks & admin folder set to 755 instead of 777.

Thanks!