Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

ImageSQL - what are you looking for?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ImageSQL - what are you looking for? In reply to
BTW, here is a demo of what we have so far;

http://demo.ace-installer.com/...l_basic/page.cgi?d=1

Its pretty much stable now. All I really wanna get done is to add in some kind of import script. Something where you can define a folder, and ImageSQL will then use those images, and add them to your database. It will also allow for data files, like;

Title|ImageURL|Description

This should help people populate their directories easily, and then its just a case of putting any other details they want for them, i.e author, alt text etc.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ImageSQL - what are you looking for? In reply to
Andy,

First off: Good job so far. Smile

If you guys get this right then I'm a definite buyer. My image gallery is one of the few features on my site that's not driven by a script from GT and I'd love to switch it over. I'm currently using ImageFolio. For me the most important features are those that'll enable my users (not myself) to use the gallery.

Features like:

- Private and Public galleries
- Ability for user to create new directories
- Ability for user to move / reorganize directories and images
- Admin ability to give users posting privileges to galleries other than a user's "private" galleries
- Ability to upload a ZIP file, have it unzipped, thumbnails created and all images placed in a directory
- Sort thumbs by rating, date, hits or name

These kind of features are the ones that's important to me. I don't care much for bells-and whistles like drop-shadows, rotating images etc.

Also, it would be nice if the thumbnails were displayed in rows, and if users had the ability to select how many thumbs they wanted to view per page. I think listing thumbs top to bottom does not make for a good image browsing experience. See the [Thumbs/Page: 16 24 32] links at the top of my ImageFolio install here.

Some good import scripts from the most popular gallery apps (ImageFolio, PhotoPost etc) will be great as well.

Like I said, good stuff so far. I'll keep checking in. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] ImageSQL - what are you looking for? In reply to
Quote:
First off: Good job so far.

Quote:
- Private and Public galleries

Our Pro version will have this feature. For statically generated sites, we will be putting in a .htpasswd management script into LinkSQL,which will write the names of the users which can access parts of the site. Its pretty cool stuff :)

Quote:
- Ability for user to create new directories

This sounds similar to what I'm working on now. It will allow you to have 'user contributed galleries' , probably going through the Editor system. People can signup, and once admin validate them, they can submit their own gallery.

Quote:
- Ability for user to move / reorganize directories and images

The editor system will probably do the job here. Would need a few modifications to the editor templates though, as they would need to actually see the image, rather than just a link.

Quote:
Admin ability to give users posting privileges to galleries other than a user's "private" galleries

Again, this is something we will be putting in the Pro version.

Quote:
- Ability to upload a ZIP file, have it unzipped, thumbnails created and all images placed in a directory

I have something almost like that at the moment. You upload a load of images into a web-readable URL (i.e on your site somewhere), and then have a list of the images in a CSV/tab/pipe file. The script then reads the data you sent to it, grabs the images, and adds them to the link (with the title/description or whatever else you pass along to it). You can also do a direct import of images in a folder, and they will be named according to their file name. The first one is the prefered usage, as it handles images that are originally based on another URL to your LinksSQL install.

Quote:
- Sort thumbs by rating, date, hits or name

Not quite sure what you mean here?

Quote:
Also, it would be nice if the thumbnails were displayed in rows, and if users had the ability to select how many thumbs they wanted to view per page. I think listing thumbs top to bottom does not make for a good image browsing experience. See the [Thumbs/Page: 16 24 32] links at the top of my ImageFolio install here.

Yeah, thats quite a cool idea. What I expect I will do, is have a modified template set, which doesn't have such a large amount of details on the image, so you can get 2-3 or even 4 images per row. Nice idea.. thanks :)

Quote:
Some good import scripts from the most popular gallery apps (ImageFolio, PhotoPost etc) will be great as well.

Definatly! I think we will include the ImageFolio one and PhotoPost in the Lite version of ImageSQL, and a few more for the Pro version.

Thanks for your feedback Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
> >