Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How to have links in Multiple Categories?

Quote Reply
How to have links in Multiple Categories?
Hi, I saw some old threads here about editing the include forms to allow users to add links to multiple categories, but I couldn't find the code referenced in my copy of the include_form ...

Here is the excerpt from Adrian

"If you open up the include_form.html template and search for "selectionMode", uncomment that bit of javascript (ie. remove the <%-- and --%>). That will allow you select more than one category. "

I've opened up my include_form (using Luna templates, GLinks 3.2 and there is no "selectionMode"

Even more important to me at this stage however, I'd like to the admin user (myself) to be able to add links using the administration screen to multiple categories. Could someone share how this is done?
Also, in terms of importing data into the system, if one has links in multiple categories, how is the table that handles the category links structured. IE: in the table, does one separate multiple categories by a , "comma" between the values? So for example, would it be the CatLinks table that stores the relationship between the Links and the category data have something like this as an entry for multiple categories:

3,5,7,9 (with 3, 5, 7, and 9) being the id's of the specific separate categories that the link belongs to?

If I'm using Andy's plugins to import the data, does anyone know if one can import items into multiple categories using the plugins, or is there another plugin that does this? Thank you!

Last edited by:

webones: Apr 19, 2008, 7:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webones] How to have links in Multiple Categories? In reply to
Hi,

Are you using GLinks? If so, then multi-categories should work fine as standard :)

Quote:
If I'm using Andy's plugins to import the data, does anyone know if one can import items into multiple categories using the plugins, or is there another plugin that does this? Thank you!

Thats a bit harder (would be possible with a few changes though - which plugin is it regarding?)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!