SubCategory1\index.html
Category2\index.html

Question:
How make this sructure?

Category1\Category1.html
Category1\SubCategory1\SubCategory1.html
Category1\SubCategory1\SubCategory1.html
Category2\Category2.html

Which files and function I have to read?
Maybe someone can help me find finished solution?
Quote Reply
Re: [drbard] Help In reply to
It should already work like that by default, otherwise you'd never be able to have a category with the same name as a subcategory as they'd overwrite themselves.

I've never built Links SQL with the outcome you've pointed out, it always nests the directories according to their category level.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Help In reply to
I use build_directory_field

How me do it ? Unimpressed
Quote Reply
The build_directory_field does not affect the index.html file name.
I can't give you a solution, because I did not examine that code part in LSQL from this aspect.
Likely needs a plugin and a Links::Build module hook.

Interesting request anyway. Why would you need to avoid usage of index.html?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
The option you are thinking of is to let you pick which template to use for a certain category (at least that's what I think you are referring to).

In order to name the sub-categories as their sub category name you'd need to hack the code. I think the code you need is about line 585 in nph-build.cgi

It's not recommended to hack it though.
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Help In reply to
I need this because I want better indexing in Search systems
Quote Reply
Reasonable.
Tough, seems an easy task, it's not so easy. Definitely a plugin or a hack would be needed. But hack is not recommended at all.

I will consider implementing this feature, into one of my under development plugins, probably into Xtended Link Display (XLD) plugin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...