Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr

(Page 1 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr
This plugin allows you to replace certain character(s) with others (sort of like tr///) in your category and detailed page urls. You can do things like replace foreign character(s) with a us-ascii equivalent, or replace spaces with hyphens. Other features include the ability to lowercase the generated url and to force the removal of the ID from the detailed url.

Note that this plugin only works for statically built sites - urls generated in dynamic mode will not be modified.

The plugin is available as a free download through the plugin download page in your admin panel.

Changelog:
1.0.1 (01/25/06):
  • Added the ability to easily lowercase the url without having to add Uppercase to Lowercase replacements.
  • Added the ability to remove the ID from the detailed url. Please read the option description before enabling this option.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the replacements to affect the bread crumbs (actually, all the tags that are specified in the detailed_cols settings) on the detailed page.
1.0.0 (04/26/05):
  • Initial release

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Jan 26, 2006, 2:11 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] New GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr In reply to
I didn't like using a space as the separator, so I've changed it to a colon. From the logs, it looks like one other person has downloaded the plugin since I posted it. If you downloaded the plugin before this post, then redownload it to get the latest version.

Adrian
Quote Reply
So if I understand it right, once installed it should create static pages as below:

http://www.mydomain.com/...link-title-here.html right?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] New GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr In reply to
If that's how you configure it to do so. You need to configure build_category_format and build_detail_format and also the plugin itself.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I am having /1/Title_LinkID set in the "build_detail_format" Advanced option, so if I understand it right, it will create pages at www.mydomain.com/1/Title-of-link-id.html right?

P.S. I would do the testing myself.. but I am getting an bug with the current install of GLinks.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
You probably want to use an advanced one, since it uses an underscore as the separator between the Title and ID. Setting it to: "%Full_Name%/%Title%-%ID%" will create detailed pages that look like domain.com/detailedpath/full-category/path/this-is-the-title-of-the-link-3123.html

Adrian
Quote Reply
This is awasome..

here is an test url :)

http://www.scriptscube.com/a/Title-Link-1.html

Smile Vishal Smile

Vishal
Quote Reply
Great!

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Hi,

now this plugin is available, I've changed my detailed-page structure:

Before my detailed-pages were named like <%ID%>.html

Now I made the following settings:
in Admin > Setup > Build Options:

build_detail_format : Advanced: %Title%-%ID%

and in the StaticURLtr-Plugin:
detailed_cols: Full_Name, Name, Title (default)

replacements:

:-
.:-
,:-
;:-
':
=:-
$:-
%:-
§:-
::-
!:
?:
%:
&:und
+:und
(:
):
[:
]:
@:AT
Ä:Ae
ä:ae
Ö:Oe
ö:oe
Ü:Ue
ü:ue
ß:ss
à:a
á:a
À:A
Á:A
è:e
é:e
È:E
É:E
_:-
-_-:-
---:-
--:-

And now it comes:

Although the build_staggered still runs through all 14 build-Details pages as it was before the change, not all detailed-pages are build!
(see here :
http://www.shop-netz.de/...en-Koffer/index.html
and try the links "Details")

Does anyone have an idea why this is so and how to solve that issue?!

PS:
I'm using Links 3.0.1 and the missing detailed-pages are build, if I modify the link and then run the build_changed.
(But I don't like to modify each missing link...and the build_staggered-function should build ALL pages!)

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 27, 2005, 9:09 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] New GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr In reply to
Sorry to ask a silly question, but you 100% sure that the code in link.html is the default code for building detailed pages? or some other custom code.

Also here is the setting I am using, you can try it, hopefully it will work:
  • build_detailed Yes
  • build_category_format Full/Long Category/Name
  • build_detail_format Advanced [Title-Link-%ID%]

Hope this helps.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Answer to all questions: YES

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Answer to all questions: YES

Did it help?

P.S. try rebuilding it all..

Vishal

Vishal

Last edited by:

SWDevil.Com: Apr 27, 2005, 1:24 PM
Quote Reply
Do you happen to have links which are in multiple categories? If you do, it's most likely a bug that I just found.

Here's a patch to nph-build.cgi to fix that problem:
Code:
--- nph-build.cgi 26 Apr 2005 03:09:06 -0000 1.82
+++ nph-build.cgi 27 Apr 2005 22:33:51 -0000
@@ -203,8 +203,7 @@
_footer();
}
elsif ($stage == 4 and $CFG->{build_detailed}) {
- my $db = $DB->table('Links');
- my $count = $db->count;
+ my $count = $DB->table($CFG->{build_detail_format} eq '%ID%' ? 'Links' : 'CatLinks')->count;
my $page = $IN->param('p') || 1;
my $offset = $IN->param('o') || 500;
my $total = int($count / $offset);

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 27, 2005, 3:34 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

This patch will be added in the downloadable version too? right? cuz I am not good at patching the files myself Frown

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Yes, some links are in multiple categories. I'll try the fix.

BTW: That's what I found out:

Build staggered should build ALL Detailed-Pages but doesn't. (*)

Build changed (and most likely build_staggered, too) builds/creates/updates the Detailed-Pages if they were just validated (new or updated) or there was a link-hit(click).

(*) I read somewhere that Detailed-Pages are build multiple times if they're in more than one category. If this is so, it's clearly a bug because the amount of Build-Detailed-Pages in the staggered-build have to be higher in Links V3.X than in Links V2.X where alle Detailed-Pages were just build once - but this isn't the case.

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
There's some bugs in build changed that need fixing. I've fixed them, but I waiting for Hypertherm to test the changes, since I don't want to release multiple fixes for it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks for the info.

I'm testing your fix right now.

The main thing, as I think, is the build-staggered-function, that has to have to build all Detailed-Pages and not just a few!

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
There's some bugs in build changed that need fixing. I've fixed them, but I waiting for Hypertherm to test the changes, since I don't want to release multiple fixes for it.

Hi there,

is this bug fixed in the core program yet?

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
For some reason it is not using hyphen in the category name, can you tell me what I could be doing wrong?

http://www.test.trpn.com/1/Category_1/index.html

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
All the build fixes have been included with the "Various build fixes" update.

Adrian
Quote Reply
It could be anything. Can't really tell much without admin access.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi.

I had downloaded the fix (as available in the Update few days back) and have done building after that with offset set back to default of '0'. So far so good no problems except for odd cases where the last build time doesn't move at all till i do a Build Changed. Build changed works fine. It does update the contents fine as it should. As a test case, i do a build all, the do a jump.cgi on a link and then do a Build Chnaged. It works as it should.

[edit] including the Hit stats as i read on one of threads that Hits was not updating in Glinks3.x. It works fine here
[/edit]

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: May 5, 2005, 8:14 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
All the build fixes have been included with the "Various build fixes" update.

I am having all the updated installed at this install, but am still having problem. Here are the settings :

build_category_format : Full/Long Category/Name
build_detail_format : Advanced [Title-Link-%ID%]

Any help?

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
problem is the detailed URLs I tried to look in the forum, but didn’t find anything yet. I had some simple hack for the static URLs on my previous LSql it didn’t have the /Detailed/ in it. It looked like this:
http://www.domain.com/Some_Category/Link_title _L141/
there was no “.html” on the end I did try many times to set up the URLs the same I had, but cannot figure it out. I need it with out the “/Detailed/” and the “.html” I’m not sure if this is possible. Can I just turn the static URLs plugin off and make the same old hack I had on my old LSql?
Now my site is running with out the detail pages and I’m loosing about 40% of the traffic from the search engines, because the old URLs was indexed by search engines. (I cannot just change them)

thanks

MIRO

Last edited by:

modifier: May 6, 2005, 10:08 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] New GLinks 3.0.1+ plugin: StaticURLtr In reply to
You'll have to re-implement your hack as Gossamer Links does not support putting your laying out your detailed pages like that.

Adrian
> >