Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Editors/users functions
Hi

A while ago we talked about adding new features to the users/ editors in The new links SQL..

The Feature I am looking for are:
1- Users ability to Modify their profile.
2- users ability to apply to become an editor through Links without using outer script as I currently do.
3- Editors Page so the editor's name in the bottom of the category page will be clickable by users and will take them to a page with the editors info, home page, categories they edit, last links they approved or changed, and even a list of their favorite links....

I know there might be a lot of other feature needed for the users part but the previous once are most needed - I think -.
They will be of a great use for most if not all Links SQL current or future users.

Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Editors/users functions In reply to
agreed, these features r seriously needed, hope GT will incorporate into 2.1 final!!!
Quote Reply
hello Abdoulrahman

I have point 1 & point 3 if you wish.

Let me know if you need them.
but it is not a plugin, so you should modify something.

Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] Editors/users functions In reply to
Hi,
Yes i do

You can e-mail me or post it here or use any means you wish to get it to me.

And not being a plugin is not a a problem
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
can i have it also thx!
Quote Reply
Hi

I will really like to hear someone's from GT input on this since they are the one with the Forum experince..

Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Could you post it here, ridesworld?

Thanks

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Editors/users functions In reply to
hello

yes I will post it there, but this is more than one global, I do it step by step. And hope that it will be validated
Quote Reply
Iám working on a small site with my addons, and I shall post the URL in the resource center.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Once you post it, I'll see if I can make it a plug in, or integrate it into another plugin, if you wish.

I'm still trying to bring my sites back up, so I don't have a time line, but It will be soon, hopefully this weekend, I'll have the first major site live (at least privately), and can start seeing what works with 2.1.

I've just started using the Editors functions on one site, and will be starting to gain some experience with the problems/shortcomings that people have mentioned. Up til now, I have not used that feature much, as all changes went through the main admin.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Editors/users functions In reply to
Hello

Ok I will add my options as soon as possible, but the user modify is only an extra subroutine in Login.pm. so i don't know if it's worth to create a plugin for that.
the other options needs modifications in Browser.pm to get it work for editors & admin.
Quote Reply
Hi ridesworld

We look forward to your stuff.

Thanks

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Editors/users functions In reply to
I am working on a bookmark function (for a client)
that stores the bookmarks of a user in an extra database field.

When this works fine, I work further with the list of additional scripts including this bookmark script.

Quote Reply
That sounds good
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hello,

sorry for the late reply about this topic, but I had & still have a lot of work & modifications to do.

The current modification I have to do is an editor signup with validation & modification request.

after that, I start building a Guestbook for Links-SQL.

The options I build is not difficult to create, but it uses re-installs of the database. (I do not create plugins).