Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Duplicate Checking...
Hi guys/gals.

I'm just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm modifying Links SQL, so that the duplicate checker does a different style of checking.

Instead of simply checking if a URL already exists in the database...I want it to do some different checks. I'm trying to find in /admin/Links/Parallel.pm where the SQL select query runs that actually finds the duplicate checking stuff. I've narrowed it down to wait(), but can't seem to narrow it down to a line. Could anyone give me a hand?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Duplicate Checking... In reply to
*bump*
Quote Reply
Could you explain the "extra stuff" - it may help in providing an answer.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Duplicate Checking... In reply to
I need to find the query stuff where it finds the duplicate links. I need to add some extra codes in there, to stop it listing certain types of duplicates from being listed.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I didn't think Parrallell.pm was related to duplicate checking.

Easiest way is probably just looping the links table and incrementing a counter, eg...

$counter->{$rec->{Title}}++

...then any value over 1 means a duplicate title.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Duplicate Checking... In reply to
Yeah...the problem is though, that I need to edit the method LinksSQL uses to do the duplicate checking in the admin panel. I'm not quite sure how creating a new routine will do this.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk