Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Customizing Urls?
Hi all,

does anyone know whereabouts in the code I could try to customize the way the urls are written? - I'd like this: /Some_Category/Some_Sub_Cat/ to become /some-category/some-sub-cat/

Many thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: [Jhayforth] Customizing Urls? In reply to
Erm, what script?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Customizing Urls? In reply to
Whatever script handles that..... I mean do you know where in the code this is handled.....

Thanks
Quote Reply
I don't think you understood me :( I was asking which script you are using ....LinksSQL, Links2 (flatfile) ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
>>understood me

Heh! I certainly did. Sorry about that.

I mean LinksSQL (not flat file).

Thanks again.

Quote Reply
btw Andy, is there a 'pay for inclusion' module? - Like a Yahoo directory listing costs you $$'s right?
Quote Reply
Ah, in that case, I've moved your thread for you Wink

The way you could do what you are asking, is by specifying in Setup > Build Options the build_directory_field option.

Basically, you need to add another field (something like "BuildName") for your category table; and then for the above setting, put build_directory_field => BuildName.

Then, when you do a build... it *should* use that field name to generate the category names.

PLEASE NOTE: You need to update EVERY category thats in your database, so they have a valid "BuildName" value (or else you will get errors during your build process).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
btw Andy, is there a 'pay for inclusion' module? - Like a Yahoo directory listing costs you $$'s right?

Links SQL 2.2.0 has this feature. Its in your admin folder, under Payments (top frame).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thats great, thanks Andy!
Quote Reply
Hmm.... must be misunderstanding you a little.

Do you mean add this 'build_directory_field => BuildName' to the text filed next to build_directory_field or do you mean 'BuildName' should just go in there?

Either way, when i've saved the changes, no extra field appears on the edit cat form...

thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote:
Do you mean add this 'build_directory_field => BuildName' to the text filed next to build_directory_field or do you mean 'BuildName' should just go in there?

Sorry, I meant just "BuildName".

Quote:
Either way, when i've saved the changes, no extra field appears on the edit cat form...

You need to add the new field (BuildName) in Database > Category > Properties > Add Field
first Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk