Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Creating a dynamic zip file

Quote Reply
Creating a dynamic zip file
Has anyone created a dynamic zip file from attached files stored in Links database?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Creating a dynamic zip file In reply to
Hi,

You wanna create a ZIP file, based on a selection of files? Normally you would move them into a temp folder, then do a zip file from it:

Code:
zip files.zip *

Then you would either do a "location" redirect to this new file (and remove it after say 10 mins) ... or actually get the script to print out the contents itself (this means you can actually remove the file right after its been downloaded)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Creating a dynamic zip file In reply to
Andy wrote:
Then you would either do a "location" redirect to this new file (and remove it after say 10 mins) ... or actually get the script to print out the contents itself (this means you can actually remove the file right after its been downloaded)

Probably the latter. The filenames of files to be 'zipped' would relate directly to the Links IDs contained within the Category/sub category or the search results. ie: Link ID 300, filename 300.jpg and so on.

Therefore category 'hotels' would contain 20 links with 20 files and the generated zip file would contain the 20 files and be downloaded immediately. Because the site is dynamic, there may be 22 links 10 minutes later and then the zip file would contain all 22 files.

Similar with search results.
Quote Reply
Ok - are you asking me to code this for you? Sounds more like a custom job Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Ok - are you asking me to code this for you? Sounds more like a custom job
You know me, I'm quite happy to pay for a custom job, was just making sure it didn't already exist seeing as I've just returned to using GLinks and haven't really caught up first. Plugin?
Quote Reply
Sure Angelic

As far as I know there is nothing like that that exists (at least I havn't written anything like that). I can't see it being too much work to do though.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Remind me how to check and see which perl modules are installed so we have a place to start please?
Quote Reply
Hi,

The easiest way is just to use this plugin:

http://www.ultranerds.co.uk/..._0_x/ModuleEnv_L248/

Hope that helps Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Used that before, now I remember. Will be emailing you access and more detailed info.
Quote Reply
error 'Unable to load plugin 'ModuleEnv': No Install.pm file found in tar!'
Quote Reply
Alba wrote:
error 'Unable to load plugin 'ModuleEnv': No Install.pm file found in tar!'

Sorry about that. We had some issues with corrupt files when moving to the .co.uk domain. I thought I'd fixed them up , but guess that one got through the net. It should work now Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Download plugin working, thanks Andy.
Quote Reply
Good to hear Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk