Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Confusing
I mentioned this a while back but anyway...

The plugin system inserts:

my @args = @_;

return @args;

...into your plugin by default. As the args tend to be hashrefs should it not default to $args ?

Also a list of hooks would be good :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 12, 2002, 7:13 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Confusing In reply to
Hi,

Possibly, but then it would be confusing if the function took multiple arguments. You would be losing arguments and that would definately cause problems.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Confusing In reply to
Ok so I guess either way has its bad/good points.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 14, 2002, 2:35 AM
Quote Reply
>> Also a list of hooks would be good :)

As alex has pointed out numerous times.... (once to me) the new plug in system keeps track of the available hooks in the hooks.cfg file

It's confusing, but once you get the idea, it starts to (almost) make sense <G>

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Confusing In reply to
It already makes sense, I just don't have the time to make all the plugins I want to make :)
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Confusing In reply to
>>
As alex has pointed out numerous times.... (once to me) the new plug in system keeps track of the available hooks in the hooks.cfg file
<<

That was an accident. It was supposed to be a question for the "Gossamer Forum" forum.
Quote Reply
Quote:
That was an accident. It was supposed to be a question for the "Gossamer Forum" forum.

For Gossamer Forum, any do=anything will have a hook available called 'do_anything'. There are also other hooks for authentication and common functions like markup parsing. There isn't a complete list yet, you'll need to dig in the code or ask. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Confusing In reply to
Could you take a peek at that thread in the GForum plugins forum...I still didn't get it working ;(