Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

ClaimLink Plugin Problems

Quote Reply
ClaimLink Plugin Problems
After installing ClaimLink plugin I get fatal errors whenever I try to list all users or Browse categories.

I tried uninstalling the plugin and still received the error. When I tried to reinstall the plugin again I got this message " Unable to Install Plugin: 'No Error Message Provided.

This is the error on browse

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL::Table (18222): Configuration file '/home/http/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/defs/lsql_Links.def' has been corrupted. Reason: Bad name after r' at /home/http/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/defs/lsql_Links.def line 435. at /home/http/mysite.com/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Browser.pm line 57.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] ClaimLink Plugin Problems In reply to
Go to admin->database->Links->properties and choose resync database (bottom of the page).

If this doesn't fix it, delete your lsql_Links.def file, copy another def file to lsql_Links.def and resync again.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] ClaimLink Plugin Problems In reply to
WOW! I thought I was in trouble.

Thank you soooo much for that!!! It worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
I spoke too soon!

I can't modify listings now. I tried changing categories of some links and it doesn't do it. It seems to modify but when I go to the link it's not changed.

There are also some links that are now unassigned in the database.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
This sounds like a problem with the CatLinks table. Are you getting any error messages? I would try repairing the CatLinks table first in case it is corrupted.
Quote Reply
I'm not getting any errors besides when I'm trying to build.

When I click on repair tables I get this

There are 95 links that are not in a category. Please modify or delete the following links:

But I can't modify or delete any of them

The orphan links are ones that I deleted through Link Status because they were bad links. For some reason it did not remove them completely.

I can't modify any other links catgories either. When I make changes and click on modify it just refreshes the page and there is a red dot at the top where error messages usually are under Links: Modify Record.
Quote Reply
When I go to browse and try to edit a link I do get a pop up error that says "unable to modify"
Quote Reply
OK I think I found the problem and maybe even fixed it.

When I deleted and replaced the lsql_Links.def file it was missing some of the extra fields that I had added. After playing around with this file for an hour or so I can now modify and delete links with no problems.

I'm hoping the case is closed now but I'm going to play around some more and see if anything else is messed up.

Craven
Quote Reply
Check that you have all your foreign keys set up correctly - they may have been deleted.
At the bottom of Links.def you should have something like this:

'fk' => {
'Users' => {
'LinkOwner' => 'Username'
}
},
'fk_tables' => [
'Changes',
'Reviews',
'CatLinks',
'Verify',
],
'index' => {
'newndx' => [
'isNew'
],
'popndx' => [
'isPopular'
],
'stndx' => [
'Status'
],
'urlndx' => [
'URL'
],
'userndx' => [
'LinkOwner'
],
'valndx' => [
'isValidated'
]
},
'pk' => [
'ID'
],

fk_tables should contain all the tables that have a foreign key relation with the Links table - so may include Bad_Link, ESDaily, ESMonthly, etc depending on your installed plugins.