Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Category template issue
In the old links, you could put the entire path to the category template that you wanted to use like: /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/admin/templates/default/mytemplate.html

For some reason now, it give an error:
Invalid template name: /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/content/admin/templates/default/mytemplate.html

I would like to use paths if possible, is there a fix for this??

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Category template issue In reply to
I think the path should be like this

/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/content/admin/templates/default/local/mytemplate.html

it should include local,

but i have no idea where in the admin panel you have to change the path to reflect this
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] Category template issue In reply to
Apparenty they changed all this, it's under the "add category" or when you edit a category. The category template field is set for CHAR, 20, so a path will not fit here. I went in and changed it to 255, but still have issues. On the old version of links, I could have templates outside of the templates/default or local directory...
Alex or someone from Goss, anyway to fix this??

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
From what I can see, it's been like this for a long time (at least Links SQL 2.0.5). The category template field is supposed to be set to a template name (hence the relatively small field size), which will be pulled from the default template set (or the local directory of that template set).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Category template issue In reply to
Is there anyway to change this?? I am trying to use an xml template pulling from an xsl / data file. It keeps giving me an xml error, it's trying to look for the xsl file in the dbi_cgi_url directory...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
No, not easily. Why not put the file in the template directory? Or even a symlink to the file might work.

Adrian